SOS I Can't Bear my Chin Anymore? (photo)

My chin is so short so flat! I can't bear it anymore. I want to get a V shape. What chin meterials is my best choice? Silasic ? Medpor? Gore-tex? OR cut my chin bone make the bone smaller and put some gore-tex in the bottom?

Doctor Answers 4

SOS I Can't Bear my Chin Anymore?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If serious than a chin implant is the way to proceed. Best to see IN PERSON a few PSs in your city. I would use silicone implant .

Weak chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A silastic preformed chin implant is my preferred treatment. I prefer using an external incision. The intraoral approach can limit the size and shape of the implant and can lead to complications. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best chin augmentation material is composed of silastic and is inserted through a submental incision directly over the bone to augment the chin area.  Chin implants come in different sizes and shapes depending upon the need of the patient.  When the chin implant procedure is performed by itself, it is typically done as a local procedure.

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 157 reviews

Improving the appearance of the chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A silicone implant is a great option that can yield a fantastic result. From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who uses computer imaging software. They will be able to morph a photo and give you an idea of how the final result may appear.  I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.