Will Voluma in my cheeks and chin lift my face? (Photo)

I have no idea what is wrong with me. I eat well, drink lots of water and exercise. But I still feel that my face is (especially chin/jaw) is losing volume. I am thinking about getting voluma in my chin/jaw area to lift my face. Possibly in my cheek too. How many syringes of voluma do I need for nice results? Any input would really be helpful. I miss my youthful face. I just turned 24. I think maybe some voluma in my chin/jaw area would widen that area up. I used to have high cheek bones too.

Voluma chin/jaw

Thank you for your question.  Voluma is most commonly used for mid face restoration, giving you some lift to your lower face.  If your concern is your lower face particularly chin/jaw, you may consider a thinner filler like Juvederm to your pre-jowl sulcus as that will restore volume loss to your chin/jaw.  Ideally a combination of both Voluma and Juvederm will give you the best results, most likely 1 syringe of each.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma to Lift Cheeks and Enhance Chin

The amount of Voluma needed to create an effect varies based on your bone structure, muscle thickness, fat pads, and skin elasticity.  Because you are youthful, you may only need one vial of Voluma to be divided between both cheeks.  While Voluma is not yet FDA approved for chin augmentation, it is quite commonly used.  Typically you need 0.5 to 1 cc for chin enhancement.  

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma is great for increasing the volume to your face

I would definitely start conservatively because you can always add more. i have been very pleased with 
my use of Voluma in my patients. I recommend that you wait a week or more before deciding to add additional syringes since there may be a little swelling after your injection. You are also quite young so be conservative. 
It already has lidocaine added to it, so the injections are quite easy on you. 
good luck

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your questions and for sharing your photographs.  Voluma is an excellent product to not only restore lost volume but also add to tissue support lifting the cheeks and lower face into a more heart-shaped appearance.  As you are quite young start small with one total syringe for both cheeks.  Voluma is also an excellent filler in that the results you see immediately after injection are the ones that you can anticipate for long-term results.  If you like the results, you can always add more in a second session.

Voluma is great for Cheeks and Chin

Voluma is a fabulous product for replacing lost volume in the cheeks and chin.  These areas will provide your face with more balance and rejuvenate the face as well.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers and Facial Contouring

fillers can be used to lift and contour the face. I suggest a formal consultation with an expert to see what you are a candidate for.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Voluma for facial volumizing

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photo.  Voluma will enhance some of the nice cheek features that you already have.  If you are concerned with overall volume loss, then I would consider also using Sculptra as this might be a nice way to add more volume to the face in areas of the cheek and outer face/jaw line. 

Will Voluma in my cheeks and chin lift my face?

If you have fillers injected there, I would go lightly at first. You are young and, from the one image, you have a lean youthful face. In cases like yours, sometimes less is more! Good luck!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Voluma injected over the zygomatic arch, cheek, and submalar fat pad can help lift the midface.  The amount of Voluma necessary can vary depending upon the individual.  In most cases 1 to 2 syringes in each cheek should suffice.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon