An Update: A very dark post-VBeam, is it normal? (Photo)

Dear all, I have decided to post another picture of the spot, it looks a little lighter but I'm still concerned. It's been more than a week since the laser treatment and I'm simply worried I ruined my face, thank you for your answers. With best regards, J.

Here is a link to the original question - https://www.realself.com/quest...

VBeam Purpura -- Consider Yellow Laser

Purpura or bruising after vbeam is normal based on settings used and can last 2-3 weeks.  If you are concerned see your physician to determine if this is a burn which would need silicone based scar gels. This should have been discussed with you!  Best, Dr. Emer.

Redness after VBeam

I looks like it may have been a burn. Let this heal for another couple weeks. If still red, VBeam will improve redness. Maybe seek another provider? 

Steven F. Weiner, MD