Undecided on a size, surgery is on Tuesday!

I'm currently a SMALL 34D (not full) I went from a 34B to a 34E while breastfeeding and now I'm a sad empty 34D. I have surgery on Tuesday and my doctor suggested no more than 275cc. So I went with 275cc but now I'm thinking it might not be enough. I want to be full but not obnoxiously huge, just thinking once they remove the skin in the lift that I'll probably actually be a C. What is a good size for naturally larger breasts?

Hope you talked to your surgeon by now

and resized to see what you will be happy with.  If you have heavy hanging tissue, its sometimes better to resect your tissue and replace with implant volume but you're accepting of less native tissue if your implants ever have to come out down the road.  Your lift will shrink your cup size a little but no one can give you a cup size guarantee... its a look that we sell and patients choose so resize with your surgeon and if you really want bigger, you should let them know so implants can be ordered.  

impossible to say.  we have no height , weight or pictures.  go back and discuss with him before the surgery so you don't have issues afterwards.  good luck

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

It requires an exam to determine the best implant size for a given patient. Your job is to show the surgeon the look you are going for. It is the surgeon's job to determine what implant that will take on your specific anatomy, as long as the wish look is reasonable and realistic. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Sizing a breast implant and staging lifts and augmentations

You need to contact your doctor today and express your concerns. You need to understand why 275 was chosen for YOUR body (cup sizes don't count) so that you go into the surgery confident that you will be happy. The implant should be chosen based on yur measurements and the "look" you want to achieve.
The bigger you go however, the more stretching forces you apply against the tightening forces of the lift and thus the more risk you take of complications. To go fuller, it is often wise to separate the 2 surgeries and do one or the other first and follow with the second in 4 months after healing has occurred. 

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.
The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  
Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.
Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.
During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.
Dr Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Only your doctor can help you now.

Hello Kaytee. I would suggest you contact your doctor's office today and let them know your concerns. Perhaps they can go over the reasons why your plastic surgeon has recommended the 275 cc breast implants. On the other hand, it is perfectly normal to be anxious about surgery and size. 

Aldo Guerra, MD