Please I need an Ultimate recommendation on FUE vs FUT for my Hair type? (Photos)

what could be the best HT method for my type of hair, is there any other method or solution that could be use or recommended . approximately how many graft could thicken the bald part of my hair. Are there any issues and limitation with going for a second HT.

Please I need an Ultimate recommendation on FUE vs FUT for my Hair type?

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

If you have hair loss and would like a treatment options, see a doctor for a proper examination. Your doctor can give you

If you have hair loss and would like a treatment options, see a doctor for a proper examination.  Your doctor can give you an better assessment after an exam. Photos do not substitute for an exam.  FUE does not work well for curly hair in general.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE is the preferred method but it ultimately depends on the expertise of the surgeon.  Seek out clinics that specialize only in FUE, have performed cases on curly hair such as yours.  You'll require anywhere from 1200-1800 grafts depending on desired density and hairline location.  For most, FUE is a new technique and will take years of experience to master.  Look at results of the clinics your seeking and make sure you ask all needed questions during consultation. 

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

African american hair and FUE

You ask a tough question - sometimes FUE works!...but sometimes it doesn't and I've had to resort to the linear technique (which works GREAT with AA hair, by the way).  If I had this type of hair, I wouldn't chance a full surgery with the blind punch of the FUE since it can permanently deplete the donor area.  Plus, you should actually GO to a surgeon who has experience with both types of procedures and have them do a TEST follicular unit extraction (FUE) surgery on you (about 20 grafts or so.)  Anything above a 20% transection rate is unacceptable for me  (other docs may have different thresholds - this is just mine).  This will probably cost a little bit, but it will give you the information you need to know.Again, don't rely on internet advice - actually GO to a surgeon who has experience with both types of procedures and get some solid advice on your particular case.Good luck!

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

What is the best solution for hair transplantation in the man of African Ancestry?

This is a good question.  FUE can be challenging with he man of color.  The hair has a much greater curl than the straight hair of the caucasian.  If you really know what you are doing, most of the time FUE works great in the man of color.  On occasion, the transection rate or follicle amputation rate can be higher in the man of color.    In these cases, we may need to take a step back to think over the options.  I think most men want to avoid the strip scar that FUT leaves you with.  You will never be able to cut your hair short if you have this done, so it's best to at least try the FUE.  Typically, FUE works well in the very curly hair that you have so it's worth trying FUE for sure.

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE vs FUT for curly hair

since fue is a blind extraction from the surface , the curly hair makes it impossible to make the right judgement as to where the follicle is located under the skin. However, with FUT, the follicular units are seen as the doctor is harvesting the grafts.  The units are then cut under the microscope making sure there is no collateral damage to the curved hair. To get the most efficient result for curly hair, FUT is the best choice using trichophytic closure technique.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE is an ideal hair restoration technique

FUE using Neograft would permit follicle extraction and reimplantation in patients with African American hair types. The curving trajectory of the follicular portion of these grafts makes the procedure more challenging than patients that have straighter hair shafts and follicles.

Recommendation for transplant

The best procedure for an African American is FUE as the best grafts will be obtained. this area would take about 1300 grafts, but an examination is critical to determining this

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon