Is Ultherapy safe?

I just asked about ultherapy for neck and chest area, but Im only 27 and don't want to make things worse. I keep reading about how ultherapy made peoples skin worse off and just wondering if its even worith it?

Is Ultherapy Safe?

Yes, Ultherapy is safe.  Ultrasound has been utilized in the medical field for over 50 years and Ultherapy has been cleared for use by the FDA. Your age suggests that you may not be an ideal candidate as most recommended Ultherapy patients have skin that is visually "relaxed."  I recommend that you upload a photo or consult with a dermatologist in your area. 

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy safety

Yes, in the correct hand this treatment is safe. Ultherapy is using energy focused ultrasound. Having said that, 27 is rather young for Ultherapy, if you are considering this treatment, see someone Board certified, as this device, in Australia at least, can be performed by GPs and cosmetic doctors. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ultherapy has a high patient satisfaction rating in my NYC practice for facial tightening and lifting

Ultherapy is a very safe procedure but with all treatments regardless of the energy used, there are risks and discussed with our patients during the consultation. Many of my patients that have had Ultherapy several years ago come back for another treatment to help stay ahead of the aging effect on their face.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy is safe when used properly

I have had Ultherapy in my practice for several years, having been one of the first in the country to use it. We have found it to be very safe. It is not ordinarily recommended for someone in your age group however.

Richard Baxter, MD

Is Ultherapy safe?

Yes, Ultherapy is a safe, and an FDA approved treatment for a variety of indications.  Like most aesthetic procedures, having the procedure performed by qualified, experienced professionals is paramount.  At our facility only MDs perform the Ultherapy procedure to ensure safety and the best possible results.

The attahced link provides more information.

I hope this hepls.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Ultherapy improvements

I haven't seen anything but good, expected results after Ultherapy.  Usually, I've found, that when people are unhappy or leave a bad review about this, it is because they were not properly informed and their expectations were not properly managed.  For example, if you go to a non-plastic surgeon for Ulthera, how hard do you think they're going to push it on you, if that's all they have to offer?  Pretty hard!  I think that's why all my patients have been happy.  I tell them what they can expect and what their FULL range of options are so they, and we, can come up with the best solution.  

Also, training matters.  How much Ultrasound training do most other folks get?  Probably none or not much.  Having completed General Surgery residency and using Ultrasound all the time, I know how to focus in on the target areas, and I can see the layers/depths I want treated, along with missing veins and nerves.  Not that you're coming to see me, but point is - experience matters immensely no matter what people say.

Ultherapy and Long Term Results

Ultherapy is a great device especialy in combination with microneedling/PRP or sculptra to get increased collagen and tightening.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultherapy Safety

Hi and thank you for your question!

We have found Ultherapy to be a very safe procedure with very little to no downtime. Whether it is the best treatment for you for your concerns, the practice that is evaluating you has to make that decision. At your age, laxity is often not the biggest concern. You may want to ask about a laser such as the Clear and Brilliant or the Venus Viva to help with collagen stimulation and preventative aging.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Ultherapy for the right person

The real question is why you are considering Ultherapy at 27. That is too young to see any improvement or change. You have to decide if you believe the doctors who are responding to the questions (there is no vast conspiracy) which are identified or anonymous people who report unbelievable devastation from this non-invasive office procedure frequently not posting any photos or real before and after treatment photos. I recommend you have an office consultation with 1-3 reputable, experienced doctors in your area who provide Ultherapy.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon