Am I too thin for a Brazilian Butt Lift? (Photos)

I am VERY unsatisfied with my butt, especially the side view as it is very flat and I carry all the weight at the bottom. I want something where I fill out the top of my jeans more - a butt where I can wear leggings and feel confident. I'm not looking for anything massive - just more round and perky looking with a bit of extra "oomph". I am 22, 5'3", and approx 120 pounds. Would BBL surgery be possible on my body? If not, are there any other recommendations? And what is the approximate cost?

BBL

Hello, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. I think that you have two options, one is to gain weight in order to have enough fat to transfer and the other option is implants. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Am I too thin for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

It's difficult to tell without an in person examination, but based on your photos it does not appear that you would have enough fat to make a significant difference. When people don't have enough fat, there is always an option to gain weight. Some patients choose to gain 10-15 pounds, and then have the additional fat transferred to their buttocks. It's important to understand, that trying to lose the extra weight after the surgery would lead to a decrease in the size of your buttocks. The fat cells would simply shrink with the weight loss.

Brazilan Butt Lift-- am I too thin?

Great question and without an exam it is hard to know if the procedure will give you your particualr desired result.  In general, we need to have enough fat to transfer and sometimes patients simply do not have enough fat for the procedure to result in a significant or even marginal difference.  This is an important conversation to have with your surgeon and together decide if the procedure will work to meet your specific goals.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question and photos. The back view is twisted, so it is difficult to get a good assessment. Based on your height and weight, your BMI is 21. This is at the very low end for BBL. You need fat to be collected from your abdomen, waist, hips, back to get maybe 300cc/side to build upper shelf/fullness. The sculpting of the waist/hips and abdomen will make the buttocks look "bigger" as well. In your case it is very important to have good sculpting of these areas. I use the VASER in my practice, since this allows me to collect more fat than traditional liposuction does. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Charges vary by clinic, geographic area and experience of the surgeon. Good luck.