What sort of doctor would be qualified to perform an osteotomy for the delayed repair of a ZMC fracture?

I suffered a ZMC fracture around 2 years ago and am wondering what sort of doctor would be the right doctor to repair this with an osteotomy? A maxillofacial surgeon? A craniofacial surgeon? A plastic surgeon? I am wanting to find the right person for the job but need to make sure I am looking in the right places. Thanks so much!

ZMC fracture

First, sorry to hear about your facial trauma.  These can be difficult to fix after they have healed into a poor position.

At this point, I would recommend a craniofacial or maxillofacial surgery who has a depth of trauma experience.  These two types of surgeons get more training with bony work during residency and fellowship and are likely more comfortable with osteotomies and fractures.

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon