Still have small amount of clear/yellow drainage at 3 weeks post op? (Photo)

After ready reduction my one areola still has Still have small amount of clear/yellow drainage at 3 weeks post op? I have steri strips in the incisions (the small amount of what I assume is serious fluid comes out under the tape still, though some is crusted a small amount). Am I doing the right thing with the strips? At 3 weeks should i still be "leaking"?

Wound issue?

You may have a small wound issue but it is hard to tell with steri-strips on the incisions. Best to review with your surgeon.

Still have small amount of clear/yellow drainage at 3 weeks post op?

Thank you for your picture and questions. If there are some unhealed areas, these areas can produce some ongoing drainage. If you are concerned that there is an underlying problem, you should contact your plastic surgeon and be seen so the incisions can be examined.

Breast reduction

This is not unusual as the stitches dissolve. There can be some discharge at this point and you should see your PS if you have concerns. One can't see the wound from the photos and it is difficult to completely reassure you from the photos.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon