Am I a candidate for Restylane for under eye hollows and dark circles? (photos)

I'm 26 years old and recently noticed over the past two years my tear trough area starting to hollow out, thus making my dark circles more apparent. From my photos (take in natural day light) would I be a good candidate for restylane under the eyes and if so how much would you recommend under each eye. Thank you in advance.

Restylane tear troughs under eyes

You would be a great candidate for Restylane under the eyes.  It is an in office procedure that when done well, can produce amazing results.  This is considered an advanced technique, so I would definitely go to someone who has experience in injectables in this region  I would also shy away from the use of any permanent or semi-permanent injectables in this area.

Typically .5 - 1 syringe would be used for each side.

Restylane is a great product for under eye treatment. Typically .5 - 1 syringe would be used for each side. Schedule an in person consultation to determine treatment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Restylane for Under Eye Treatments

Restylane is a fabulous treatment for the fine lines unde the eyes.  Depending on the depth of the hollows I use a great deal of Restylane or Belotero.  You look like you would need about one syringe to fill these hollows.  Many injectors who are not experienced overfill this area.  You can always put more in later but my advice is to only have one syringe injected.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in injecting in the tear trough area for the best cosmetic results.

Tear trough

misszoe, fillers can help "mask" this problem although they do carry a minute risk of blindness. Another option is a "SOOF lift blepharoplasty", search the web for further information. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon