What procedures should I get to shape my body? what is the most cost effective way to max my results. (photos)

I am 5'4 190lbs. I would like lipo and skin removed, I used to be 250lbs, when I gave birth to my son I have been 190-180 since and I love my weight but I hate the way I am carrying it because my skin is loose. I , I have a son with autism who takes all our money for his therapy but I need to do this for myself I would love to have surgery within the next 3 months. I have $13,000( give or take) to spend what procedure(s) would be best.

Bang for your buck.

The most bang will clearly be from the tummy tuck.  Your budget allows you to combine it with some smartly targeted liposuction.  Both of these procedures have a high satisfaction rate, and don't often need to be revised.  Revisions cost money, and usually patients don't expect that.  So breast surgery is less appealing because of the higher likelihood that further, unexpected or expensive surgery would be required down the line.

Surgical planning for a mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

I am really sorry about your family situation.

Your photos suggest that you might benefit from
  1. Tummy tuck with flank liposuction
  2. Breast lift 
  3. Possible body lift/extended tummy tuck
Given your budget and the tummy bothering you most - have a tummy tuck with flank liposuction
You will probably be thrilled with your result.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Lower body lift surgery details

Thanks for posting your photos - they look similar to a previous question - my answer remains the same - you're a good candidate for the lower body lift procedure.

Our clinic has treated many Canadian body contour patients with great results.
You are a good candidate for a lower body lift- which is a combination of an extended tummy tuck and a buttock lift - this surgery would remove all excess skin, tighten the front and sides of thighs, and lift the buttocks. Liposuction of the thighs will help with contouring. We're in Seattle and would be happy to see you down here. Cost is variable - likely around $10-12k

Procedures

Ideally, you would need a breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck.  Additional liposuction would also be required in the abdomen, mons pubis and flank areas.  Your budget will likely not cover the cost of these procedures, so I would recommend you save more or find financing to cover the rest.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

The Estimated Costs of a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.    Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breasts and abdomen

A breast lift/small reduction and an abdominoplasty will give you the most dramatic improvement. It will make it look like you lost an additional 20 pounds. , lengthen your torso, balancing the middle third of your body. With a good plastic surgeon this can be accomplished in about a 3-4 hour surgery keeping it within your fee range.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Options for mommy makeover are variable.

I think you'd be a good candidate for abdominoplasty possibly of the extended variety. A mastopexy should give a very good result. Liposuction of other areas such as the waste broader roles her hips depend upon your expectations of the operations. You can probably get much of this done for $13,000.

What procedure should I get to shape my body?

From the photos it certainly looks like you would be a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover. A full Tummy Tuck with liposuction of waist, flanks and breast lift with or without augmentation will address your areas of concern. You could treat the thighs with liposuction and Cellulaze. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation and more details. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

What procedures should I get to shape my body?

Congratulations on your significant weight loss. Which operations you should undergo will depend mainly on your “areas of concern” and goals. Based on your photographs, it appears to me that you will certainly benefit from breast lifting and tummy tuck surgery. Additional procedures, such as breast augmentation and lower body lifting are options, again depending on what you wish to achieve. You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have had significant weight loss, helpful to you as you learn more about options. Best wishes.

What procedures should I get to shape my body? what is the most cost effective way to max my results.

The tummy tuck and the breast lift would be the two most effective procedures.