What procedure is best to lift midface towards eyes and side of face/temple?

My midface/cheek is extremely droopy. I want it to be elevated under eyes & towards my temples because I have droopy lower eyelid & whole midface that gives the illusion of pre jowls but it's all about saggy midface . Dr recommends soof lift but I don't think it's gonna lift all midface.

Mini facelift

In my opinion, many of the so called mini lifts, including the soof, lead to rather disappointing results.  A well done standard facelift is far superior and I suspect that that would be a much better option.  Mini facelifts equal mini results in most cases.  There is no shortcut to a good result.

#Facelift options

There are a number of ways to address an aging face. We typically look at three areas:
  1. skin surface
  2. volume
  3. laxity of skin an muscle
Without pictures or consultation it is impossible to determine which procedure will be best for you. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a surgeon who has experience in facial rejuvenation and particularly facelifts to discuss your options. 

Facelift Options

It is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as there are several ways to address a droopy midface.

Eugene Kim, MD

Options for elevating the midface

The midface is a tricky area to treat just with surgery. Often laxity of the skin is accompanied by volume loss. Surgery to lift the cheek can help along with tightening of the skin with Erbium laser. Finally Volume replacement with fat, implants or HA fillers is often an important component that should not be overlooked.

Good Luck

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minimally invasive treatment of the midface

The best treatment depends upon the degree of skin and soft tissue laxity and drooping.  The more elastic your skin, and more minimal migration of soft tissue down the face, the less invasive a procedure is required, some only necessitating an incision in your temple hairline.    The less elastic your skin and the more migration of soft tissue requires a more involved treatment ranging from a SMAS deep plane lift,  or fat injections to multiple areas.   

Philip J. Miller, MD, FACS

Midface, cheek lift, trans-blepharoplasty midface lift

Allmond butter, without photographs or a more detailed description of the abnormality your concerns with it is difficult to recommend a specific procedure.  There are a number of options to lift the malar fat pad and sub-orbicularis oculi fat pocket or SOOF.  The procedure includes a temporal mid facelift, a cheek lift, or a trans-blepharoplasty mid facelift/SOOF lift.  The choice would depend on your personal preference and the degree of laxity which is present.  If there is a great deal of laxity in the cheek and jaw line a cheek lift is going to be far more effective than any of the other procedures.  This would be performed through an incision at the front of the ear and at the temporal hairline.  Any incisions that are made with in the hair will elevate the hairline if there is any need for significant elevation of the facial soft tissue.  If there are puffy lower eyelids with dark circles then the trans-blepharoplasty mid facelift with SOOF suspension would be the better choice.  It may indeed be necessary to perform a cheek lift and a SOOF lift.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many face lifts over the past 25 plus years.  If you have sagging cheeks, this typically indicates flat cheek in the front that lack the volume to support the facial tissues.  When this occurs, "jowls" are typically present as well.  Flat cheeks can/should be augmented with cheek implants to create a more youthful and naturally attractive face.  

If you have "jowls" this is sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with endotine threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.

Best facial rejuvenation procedure

Generally as we age 3 things happen 1. the loss of subcutaneous volume and muscle sagging 2. loss of elasticity of the skin and 3. the texture of our skin changes.  To address the skin laxity I use an extended smas lift, to address the volume loss, I use fat injections as well as repositioning and finally to assess any texture issues I use the C02 laser for fine line. By using all three modalities we can achieve a very natural and long lasting result. I hope this helps.

Good Luck
Dr C

Ritu Chopra, MD

Treatment for a droopy mid face

A full set of facial pictures  are required before making any determination about being a candidate for surgery. The midface  does not age with a vertical  descent, it ages  with volume loss of fat. When patient's have a flat midface and flat cheek profile, cheek implants are recommended. Cheek implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes is best determined at the time of consultation and examination. Cheek implants are inserted through an intra-oral approach to give volume back to the mid face. When patient's have jowls, loose facial and neck skin, a face neck lift is recommended. The goal of a face and neck lift is to tighten loose facial neck skin, tighten loose facial and neck muscles, and remove fatty deposits in the  neck. or many examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

Midface procedures

Midface lifts are very effective in lifting the tissues directly beneath the lower eyelid and down toward the jowl. Midface lift can be very difficult to perform however, and I consider them to be an advanced procedure. Do your homework in choosing the right surgeon.