What are my options for a breast lift? (photos)

I'm in my early 20's with no kids and sagging breasts due to weight loss. I don't want bigger breasts I just want my nipples to be smaller and higher with less sagging. What would the best option for me be? I am not too worried about scarring. I just want them to be higher and more preportional to my body type.

What are my options for a breast lift?

You just won the lottery!   You are a great candidate for a breast lift.  I would recommend a vertical lift which I think results in the most natural and rounded shape. 

Most breast lift patients are able to breast feed because the surgery usually does not significantly disrupt the breast tissue or the milk ducts.  If you sag again after child bearing, a lift can be repeated.   

Mastopexy: options

Dear Ms. Elswebbbb55,

Thank you for your story, questions and photos.

Nothing substitutes for a personal evaluation and a face to face discussion of your options

Unfortunately without a examination I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

Mastopexy involves shaping the breast, repositioning the nipple areolar complex(NAC) and when needed reducing the size of the NAC, and by removing excess skin that causes the sag of the breast. The nipple is left connected to the breast tissue.
Depending on how much excess skin and desired shape the three main types:
1)Peri areolar = doughnut shaped scar around NAC
2)Vertical = lollipop shaped scar
3)Inverted "t" = anchor shaped scar
Each of the above techniques involves a progressive removal of excess skin and builds on each other to lift and contour the skin "bra" to the shape of the breast desired.

Breast size will not significantly change because skin is only resected.

The nerve to the nipple areolar complex (NAC) is directly under the NAC and USUALLY not disturbed by removing the excess breast skin during a mastopexy. The surrounding breast skin may have some short term numbness but usually returns.

Current mastopexy techniques will not attain the "upper pole" fullness patients desire. A small augmentation can be added to create this upper pole contour and not to increase size substantially.

Scaring is always a concern. However there are various postoperative "anti scar"
programs to optimize, reduce and treat scars.
In my experience if the desired goals of shape and positioning of the NAC is obtained .... The patients rarely complain about the scars.

I suggest you you collect several "model" or "goal" photos and then make a appt. with Plastic Surgeon, who has experienced and who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600p

What are my options for a breast lift?

You appear to be a good candidate for mastopexy ( breast lift) to make your breasts perky and reduce the size of your areola. The fact that the scarring will not bother you- makes you a great candidate for this procedure. You seem to have adequate volume but excessive skin which will be addressed with the mastopexy resulting in a firmer, higher , perkier breasts hopefully to suit your  taste.

What are my options for a breast lift?

I think that you would be a great candidate for a breast lift. There are different methods that can be used to perform this surgery and it would be best to have a  consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine which option is best for you. During your consultiation you will be measured and determined how much sagging you have and the best method to use to elevate your breasts. These methods are described in length on my website in the link below.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Lift Options

A breast lift can be achieved with basically three techniques:
  • Augmentation with fat grafting or implant (if you have very mild droppyness) 
  • The traditional approach with cuts on your skin (lollipop or just vertical)
  • Percutaneous breast lift without incisions. 
A breast lift is one of the most rewarding procedures that you can do, but many patients do not want it due to the scars.  Using the percutaneous lift method you can have your breasts lifted so they feel, look and behave like normal breasts without incisions!  No Scars.

This is a minimally invasive procedure with maximum results and leaves no scars, and you don't have to deal with the complications of implants.

It might take two operations to give you the lift, volume and contour that you will be happy with, but it is possible. The surgeries are spaced 3 months apart.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Calva, MD
Key Biscayne Physician

Breast Lift

You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  The scar pattern has an important outcome on your result. The most efficient, expeditious technique that can achieve the tightest breast is an anchor scar pattern. This will also reliably allow reduction of your areolar diameter without the worry of re-expansion. Additionally, I would reduce the larger breast to match the smaller breast.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What are my options for a breast lift

I think at least a lollipop incision will be required. It might end up being an anchor type incision depending on how loose your skin is. The scar required depends entirely on how much skin needs to be removed to re-shape the breast

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you are an ideal candidate for a breast lift.  I almost exclusively perform the full breast lift technique at my practice as I have found that it gives far superior results to other techniques.  If you are not interested in adding volume to your breasts, a lift without implants would be the appropriate choice.  Of course, this can only be confirmed by seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast Lift Questions

Congratulations on the weight loss! It looks like you would be a great candidate or a breast lift or mastopexy. If you do not want to go any bigger, then a mastopexy that includes the creation of an internal breast lift would be of benefit as well, since it is apparent that your breast tissue has bottomed out. This tissue would need to be lifted up an secured to your chest to give you upper pole fullness that will last a long time.

You should be able to find a surgeon that can do this plus offer you a rapid recovery protocol so you reduce your complications and get back to your regular activities in a couple of days.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

What are my options for a breast lift?

Since you want less sagging and your nipples to be higher with smaller areolae, you are an excellent candidate for a breast lift. And since you do not want your breasts to be larger, I would not worry about implants. The anchor (or inverted T) breast lift would give you the best shaping, strongest and most effective elevation and lift, and the best quality scars around the areola (which are, after all, the most noticeable scars). The periareolar lift (with scars only around the areola) would be a poor option with less lift and shaping and worse quality scars around the areola. No lift will reliably give you a rounded upper pole, only implants do that, but moving your tissue up will give you better fullness in general.