Recently noticed a difference in my eyes/eyelids. What is causing this and what treatment is appropriate? (Photo)

It seems that my eyelids have retracted significantly, especially the left one. I fear that it makes my face appear very asymmetrical. I also suffer from dark red/purple marks right below my lower eyelashes.

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. A Blepharoplasty (or eyelid surgery) procedure can address the retracted eyelids and skin pigmentation. The dark marks are many times due to changes in skin pigmentation, but are also usually, at least in part, due to excess fatty tissue that may be causing the asymmetrical appearance. There are surgical and non-surgical methods for removing the excess fatty tissue, and these methods depend on the location of the fatty tissue. In short, blepharoplasty can be of help and, I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person examination. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon