Will the nostril asymmetry after Septorhinoplasty go away? (photos)

I had a septorhinoplasty almost 5 weeks ago. My nostrils were slightly asymmetrical before but now it's very noticeable, it seems like the left nostril changed shape/angle, and it distresses me and makes me cry, to the point I won't even look in the mirror anymore. I can see the asymmetry when I look straight into the mirror/camera as well as below. The left side of the tip is very swollen, so is this just from swelling? Will my nostril go back to its original angle?

Post septorhinoplasty

Thanks to share your concern .The more obvious asymmetry you are seeing now is because of the post surgery swelling .it is quiet normal you have to wait atleast 6 months to see the results.Lot of nasal dynamic changes occur during the healing process.hence do give enough time to heal and then decide .

Nostril asymmetry immediately after rhinoplasty- can be frustrating and scary.

Don't worry yet. Rhinoplasty takes 1 year to fully heal. You will likely see some changes. Believe it nor not, the base view (view of the nose from below) is not commonly a view seen by others, so nostril asymmetry often goes unnoticed unless your head is tipped back. This doesn't mean it will not bother you, but hopefully there are enough positive changes to your nose after rhinoplasty that will help you remain positive throughout the healing process. Good luck!  -Randolph Capone, MD, FACS

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Noses take time for sweling to go

You have a lot of healing to do but once the healing is at the 6 to 9th month your nostrils will be similar to their pre operative status.   Be patient.  My Best,   Dr Commons