What to do about these nasal lines? (photos)

I have one line on either side of my nose and they seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. What can i do to get rid of them. I was thinkingg a resurfacing laser might be the best option but I would like a professional opinion. Im 24, i dont go out in the sun often. I moisturize.

Nasal lines

The lines you describe are called nasolabial folds. They are a naturally occuring feature that deepen as we age.
They can be relatively easily improved with a dermal filler such as Juvaderm or Restylane. Although the benefit only lasts 6-8 months, the procedure is relatively simple and safe. I dont think laser resurfacing is the best apporoach for these type of lines. Good luck.

Santa Monica Dermatologist

How to treat lines on side of nose

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Those lines are called " nasolabial folds". They are best corrected with injection of dermal fillers. Following evaluation in person by an experienced injector, decision of best filler for your particular needs can be determined. 
Good luck,

Nasolabial grooves... options for treatment

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern. Nasolabial grooves could be the consequence of cheek deflation and lack of tone to the skin. usually more prominent when people loss weight. Good ways for managing the issue is with fillers. skin resurfacing may also help toning and decreasing the severity. Unfortunately there is no single treatment that addresses the problem. Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Wishing you the best in your journey

Laser probably not the best treatment for nasal lines

These naturally occurring nasolabial folds look very minor right now.  They occur because of repetitive facial muscle movement and will deepen as you age, as they do for everybody.  A dermal filler, such as Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus can improve the appearance of these lines, and can last up to one year.  It's great that you are taking good care of your skin by avoiding the sun!

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Laser Skin Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and discuss laser skin resurfacing as you are a potential candidate for this procedure. In addition to using sun protective measures and avoiding the sun altogether, laser skin resurfacing can remove facial wrinkles, remove deep lines around the mouth, nose and eyes, teat facial scars, treat acne scars and treat uneven skin pigmentation.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for nasal lines

Nasolabial folds are natural, but prominent ones can be reduced with dermal fillers such as with Juvederm or Restylane. Depending on the product used, fillers can last up to 18 months in this area. 

See an experienced injector for a natural look - remember you want to reduce, but not totally eliminate these folds .

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Filler such as Juvederm Ultra/UltraPlus are great for treating nasolabial folds.

The photos show mild nasolabial folds which could easily be treated with a hyaluronic acid based filler such Belotero or Juvederm Ultra/UltraPlus. I would also consider midface/cheek augmentation with Juvederm Voluma which can lift the midface often improving the nasolabial folds. As always, it is important that you first schedule an in-person consultation with an experienced injector prior to any treatment. 

Treatment options for nasal folds

Thanks for the photos. You have small nasolabial folds that are common and to be honest are not particularly deep. Conservative use of dermal fillers is all I would recommend. Laser resurfacing is more helpful for fine lines and pigmentary irregularities and would not help with these folds.

In our practice we often fill the cheeks lightly rather than placing filler directly under the fold, but sometimes you do have to try and see what works best for you.

Good Luck!

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial Folds- Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

There are a lot of options for improving the nasolabial folds and this often means fillers for the folds themselves but also lifting around the mouth and cheeks to build underlying anatomical support. In our practice we combine sculptra with other fillers "layered" on top to get the most conservative natural look. Please see a facial sculpting expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lines around nose

You might benefit from filler treatment with a product such as Juvederm or Restylane.  I would recommend that you see an experienced cosmetic physician to be evaluated in person.
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon