Almost 4 months post-op and one implant has dropped and is much larger than the other, should I be worried? (photo)

Hello! I'm nearly four months post-op and my next post op with my surgeon isn't until January. I'm just super worried because one of my implants has seemed to drop and is much larger than the other one. I had a bit of asymmetry to start off with but the current difference between the two is quite alarming. Does this look normal to you at four months or am I right to be worried ? if it is alright when should the other one catch up ? Thank you in advance

You should be concerned about your results following augmentation

and you should be seeing your surgeon NOW for recommendations on how best to achieve symmetry.  Something is not right and you need an evaluation to ensure that your bigger side is not continuing to get bigger.  If you had a major asymmetry, some strategy should have been employed to help improve symmetry so I'm assuming you got different sized implants to help with this.  Regardless, you need to be seen to either figure out what is happening or to have your surgeon provide you reassurances that all is truly okay.

Almost 4 months post-op and one implant has dropped and is much larger than the other, should I be worried?

I had a look at the photo you posted some time ago. It does appear that the right implant sits somewhat low. You have saline implants which, as you know, are heavier than the silicone gel devices. It is important to wear excellent, professionally-fitted support. Additionally, I recommend you try to see your surgeon before the new year to discuss your concerns. All the best.

Almost 4 months postop and one implant has dropped and is much larger than the other?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I see why you are concerned.  Compared to your appearance on a previously posed question your implant looks to have suffered a malposition issue, with the implant having dropped too low and towards the side of your body.  I would see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation so that they can diagnose the displacement and recommend the needed surgical treatment.  Best wishes. 

Thank you for the picture and questions. Although I am not sure what you looked like pre-op, the picture you have shared shows some significant asymmetry that does not appear typical at four months post-op. I would contact your surgeon to be seen sooner to discuss the problem. You may require revision surgery to correct the problem, but this should only be discussed with your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon after a physical exam.

4 Months Post Op

Thank you for your question and photo. It would be helpful to see pre op photos. I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person for evaluation. Breasts can settle at different rates normally but if you feel that one is increasing in size at this point you should be examined in person.

All the best!

Breast asymmetry 4 months post op BA

Thanks for your questions. It is very difficult to answer your question with seeing how asymmetrical you were pre op and without seeing more images (side profile). Based on the one image you sent, it seems to me that your right breast crease was significantly lower than the left pre op. I don't think your right implant has "bottomed out" much because your right nipple is sitting at the correct spot relative to your implant (when compared to left breast). I hope that made sense to you. Voice your concerns with your surgeon. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Why do my breasts look so different?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation result.

• There is no need to wait until January to see your plastic surgeon to assess your result.
  • I agree with you that your asymmetry is quite unusual.
  • I doubt that it will self-correct.
  • The difficulty is in knowing what is causing this -
  • Among the possibilities are significant asymmetry before surgery in which the larger side needed a reduction, deflation of a saline implant on the smaller side, a capsular contracture - among other possibilities.
  • So a face to face discussion with your surgeon and review of your before and after photos is essential.
  • A four month visit with a result such as this merits an early visit - even if nothing will be done until  6 months after surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast aug

Hi- From your photos you may have a capsular contracture which is contributing to your asymmetry. I recommend following up with your surgeon sooner than later to discuss your options and what he/she recommends. Hope this was helpful. Good Luck! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

This degree of asymmetry at 4 months post-op does not appear normal

The one thing that I think is obvious is that your breasts look significantly different, and at 4 months post-op, I think you are right to at least question why this is so.  It will be difficult to determine online what the exact source of the asymmetry is, as there are a number of possiblities.  We have no opportunity to examine you in person, and we do not know how the breasts looked preop.  It may be a case in which one breast has a fluid collection around the implant, and this has made it appear larger and lower, or conversely, the other breast may be firmer and tighter from a capsule contracture, which could then force that implant higher, producing the same kind of asymmetry.  I would not wait for my January appointment if I were you.  I would call the surgeon's office and tell them about your concerns so that they can schedule you to come in sooner for an evaluation.  Best of luck.

Thank you for your question.Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you (in any responsible fashion) with specific enough advise to be truly helpful. Given your concerns, you'll be best off seeking follow-up with your plastic surgeon, earlier that already scheduled if necessary, for in person evaluation.

Best of luck!!