Labiaplasty of the Majora. (photos)

I am curious what kind of technique would be used for my situation. I lost over 60 pounds and the majora is quite lose and wrinkly, I assume if I don't correct this at my young age (24) over time the skin will just become more lose. I don't want my vagina looking old! I've got a consultation booked for December in Vancouver. But I like to hear multiple opinions. Thank you very much to all the lovely doctors who Take the time to write something back!

Labia majora rejuvenation

Weight loss can obviously affect the labia just as it does with the rest of the body.  Solutions to your issue come in two forms: add more volume back (fat grafting would be ideal for this) or remove some of the now-extra skin of the labia themselves.  From the photos, I doubt whether any non-invasive treatment will "shrink" the skin enough to make a huge difference.

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty Candidate

There is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

Labia majora

Hello and congrats on your weight loss!

There are several options available for loose and deflated labia majora.

1. Fat grafting to plump the area

2. Removal of some of the extra skin of the labia majora

3. Tightening of the skin with some of the newer devices such as ThermiVa. 

In some cases, a combination of these options might be offered. It's important to consult with an experienced surgeon who can examine you and discuss your goals and options.

Best wishes-

Variety of Procedures Available

I perform a variety of treatments and surgeries in Newport Beach, Orange County to enhance, restore and rejuvenate the female genital region. This includes procedures to improve moisture, and sensitivity and tighten the vaginal canal; enhance orgasm and restore or improve the appearance of the vulva including the labia minora, labia majora, the clitoral region and the vestibule of the vagina. The mons pubis can also be improved with techniques noted below. There are many names for these procedures which include: Designer Vagina, Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation, LVR, Monsplasty, Labiaplasty, Labia Rejuvenation, Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery, Aesthetic Vaginal Sugery, Perineoplasty, and Hymenoplasty. Vaginal Enhancement Surgery is basically cosmetic surgery of a woman’s “Private Parts” or genital region. 

Women have a wide range of normal color, texture, size and asymmetries of their genitilia. This is true of the Vulva and all of its parts, the same as other parts of the body. Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals, or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections.

More specific problems are experienced by individual patients. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor. It would be good to discuss your specific desired results with the plastic surgeon during your consultation. You also have the option of having multiple consultations before you make a final decision on a surgeon and procedure. Good luck!

With weight loss and atrophy

you have solutions that can make things 'younger' again.  In your situation, assuming you have no hormonal problems, fat grafting would be done first but your skin may be excessively loose and you may need a trim of the medial edge of your majora, where the hair stops growing.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labia Majora

Thank you and congratulations on the awesome achievement of losing the weight.

You have several options.  The traditional labia majoraplasty is typically performed in an office setting under general anesthesia.  I use an elliptical incision on both sides to remove the excess skin and then suture together the ends and hide the suture and the base of the labia minora.  This procedure works very well but it is uncomfortable given its location.

You may also be a good candidate for the ThermiVa non surgical laser which also tightens the labia majora.  This is a relatively quick and painless procedure.  We have gotten very good results with this laser.

Best of luck :)

Thank you for your question. You're a candidate for a labiaplasty and possible fat injection. You would need a physical exam to determine the best treatment. If you feel uncomfortable having large protruberant vaginal lips labiaplasty may be an option for you. Labiaplasty is a procedure that reduces the size of your vaginal lips. Hooding of the clitoris can also be reduced at the same time. If the labium majora are deflated you would be a candidate for fat injections into that area. My patients tell me that pain is negligible after surgery. They are more confident wearing bikinis, shorts and tight pants. I hope you find this information helpful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Labia majora

Fat can easily be injected into the labia majora but about half of the fat will go away in a year. Therefore, the fat injections may need to be repeated. Your labia majora have stretched and can be improved by excising some of the extra skin to make it more youthful.  Reducing the skin and adding some fat can be done so that the best of both procedures can be done.  I have published several papers on my technique on labia majora reductions.

Dr. Gary Alter

Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty vs fat transfer

The answer to your question really depends on the look you are trying to achieve. Fat grafting will help plump up the labia versus a labiaplasty of the majora will allow for removal of the excess skin. There is certainly no right or wrong answer here. We also offer thermiva whih wouldn't help tighten the labia without the need for surgery. Best wishes!

Labiaplasty of the Majora.

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the photos and history, you would benefit from fat grafting to the labia majora to make it look plump and young. Alternative treatment would be the non-surgical Thermiva to shrink the skin and make it look younger. Sometimes an excision can be done to improve the aesthetics in this area. I would not recommend doing the fat grafting and Thermiva at the same time. See a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist with experience in female cosmetic genital surgery for an in person consultation/evaluation to decide which would be the best approach for you. Good luck.