I'm wanting to get an otoplasty done in Vancouver, BC. Can someone recommend a skilled surgeon for this procedure? (Photos)

Can you describe how you would treat my case? How would you fix the tip on my right ear?

How would you fix the tip on my right ear?

Thank you for your photos.  Otoplasty is a procedure that aims to create the fold in the external ear (called the antihelix) and pull the ears closer to the side of the head. Through a combination of strategic suture placement and cartilage excision the ears are "pinned back" creating a sleeker frontal view.  The small area of your right ear with which you are unhappy would require an incision on the rim or the ear (the helix) to repair.  This would definitely result in a scar but it may very well be favorable if you are truly bothered by it.  You would need to have a good examination by your Plastic Surgeon and discuss surgical plans, risks and benefits and decide on a path that is right for you.  Best wishes.

Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty candidate

The otoplasty procedure involves creating the anti-helical fold and setting the entire ear closer to the head. Permanent suture used accomplish this goal. In our practice, the otoplasty procedures are usually performed under  local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.

Otoplasty

Otoplasty is a procedure that can bring the ears closer to the head. It can also re create the fold on the inside called the antihelical fold which can sometime give the ears a cupped shape. The small "tip you have on your right ear is called a Darwinian tubercle. This is a very common feature and it is not correctable without an unacceptable scar along the ear margin. Once the ear is brought closer to the head it is less noticeable.
Good Luck!

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon