I want to have TT and the fat transferred into breast and inner thigh lift at one surgery. Is this possible at age 58?

I'm in pretty good shape but have been 20 lbs over for the last ten years. I have Hashimotos and sleep apnea would that be a concern for anaesthetic?

Multiple operations and minimizing risk

Hi and thanks for posting your question on RealSelf!
It sounds like you're interested in a real transformation! The best approach for you would likely be making a consultation with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals. At this consultation, great care should be taken to understand areas of concern for you and offering a game plan for reaching your goals. 
Bundling multiple procedures at the same time can be doable but the priority should be placed upon safely reaching your goal-even if multiple steps are required to do so. 
All my best to you in reaching your goals!!

Tummy tuck and combination procedures

Your question is a very reasonable place to start exploring your options. However, you need a consultation with an expert to give you some accurate feedback and direction. Combination procedures are commonly recommended in ideal candidates and have the advantage of achieving more at one time and in some cases reducing overall costs of achieving your goals. The guiding principle always has to be your safety. Combination procedures, longer procedures and surgery to multiple parts of the body all greatly increase your risk of complications. Sorry - but even in a patient without your collective medical risk factors, I would not offer you all that you are hoping for in one procedure. I would work with you to prioritize your goals and minimize your risks of a serious complication with elective surgery. 

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Combo procedure

Having a TT, with fat transfer and a thigh lift is a lot to combine and do safely in one operation.  Given your history of sleep apnea you would need to have an overnight stay following general anesthesia to ensure your oxygen level doesn't drop too low after surgery. Fat transfer to your breasts can be done using the fat from your stomach, although expect 30% of the fat transferred to not survive long term. I've done this combined procedure many times and results can be excellent, but over grafting is required. Your BMI needs to be under 35 and you need to be a non smoker 

Arko Demianczuk, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover - Possible at age 58?

Thank you for your question  As long as you are healthy enough to undergo general anesthesia, there is no reason not to proceed with your surgery. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast and body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

Medical clearance

Thank you for your question.The main thing is make sure your weight is stable before surgery. As for the Hashimotos and Sleep Apnea you will need medical clearance from the doctor that treats you for those conditions.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

I would not recommend you have of this work done at one time.  You are 58, overweight and have sleep apnea.  You are not vigorously healthy and are at increased risk for complications even with just one operation done at a time.  The narcotics needed for pain control can exacerbate your sleep apnea and, yes, pain control is challenging especially with tummy tucks and thigh lifts.  You would likely need to be on blood thinners to prevent blood clotting.  With all of those areas being done, you would be at risk for bleeding.  Oh, and then there is the very real risk of hypothermia with so much of the body exposed during surgery.  I am getting nervous just thinking about such a long and complex operation under a general anesthetic in a patient like you.   The other factor that patients rarely consider is surgeon fatigue.  For me, the procedures you describe would take about 8 hours.  I used to be able to work like that when I was a young resident doing marathon reconstruction cases but I sure cannot anymore.  Surgery is hard manual labor. I get tired.I get hungry. I have to pee.   You don't want your surgeon working on you when all he/she is thinking about is taking a nap!
You should see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who has a few years under his/her belt.  He/she can discuss the real risks and also the real possible benefits of surgery and you will be able to make an informed decision.   
My motto is: "Better to be paranoid than sorry."  It serves me pretty well.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD