I would like a more aggressive lift than my doctor wants and did a rendition of. Is this possible in your opinion? (Photo)

I saw a plastic surgeon today and was so excited to finally start the process towards my breast lift and augmentation. I feel so disappointed after seeing the renditions of how the results will look. She seemed to think it looks good but I was wanting a more aggressive lift. My goal is a perky C cup and don't care for cleavage. I don't want to be too big but I want to have an aggressive lift. I've wanted that my whole life and now just am wondering if it's possible.

Photo Morphing Is Inaccurate

Hello,The morphing device used to depict your lift is entirely software, and has nothing to do with the ability of the doctor performing it. Usually the results entice the prospective patient; it looks like it backfired with you!What's really important is the training, skill, and experience your prospective surgeon has, and not what a computer can randomly generate. Go see a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all aspects of cosmetic breast surgery and look at their before and after photos of real patients they have operated on. Ask the surgeon to show you the results of someone with your current breast appearance too. Best of luck!

Improving on predicted results from breast lift and implants

I agree that the proposed result doesn't look very pretty. Partly that's because the simulated implant is of too narrow a base diameter for you and leaves the central area completely empty. Also the side views don't look lifted enough. It is much safer and has fewer complications to do the lift and implants in 2 stages separated by 4 or more months. Either can go first. Wait until you see a surgeon whose photos you like before proceeding.

I would like a more aggressive lift than my doctor wants and did a rendition of. Is this possible in your opinion?

Thanks for your question and photos Tracey.  It is well known that after pregnancies or weight loss a lift and implants leads to some degree of "dropout" over the first six months.  Good reason to set conservative goals however I would tend to agree with you that a bit more lift and a bit larger implant would probably give a better result.  One doesn't want to go too large since over time gravitational affects of the implant will cause stretching and thinning but I believe the imaging you received was more conservative than it needs to be.  On the other hand, please remember that implants are not filled with helium and beyond a certain size point will weigh down your breasts and work against your interests.  I hope that this helps you and remember discuss your goals clearly with your chosen surgeon but also listen carefully to their advice based on a face-to-face exam.Warm regards, Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

More aggressive lift

Unfortunately the 3D imaging system often does not give as good a result as you can expect.  It is always better if your surgeon "underpromises" but you need to realize that an implant (with or without a lift) will only raise the footprint (the attachment of the breast to the chest wall) a couple of centimeters - along with increasing your size and filling the upper pole of course.  You may not be able to achieve as aggressive a lift as you desire.  Patients often still need a double push up type of bra to get the effect that you are looking for.