Is my goal somewhat realistic and achievable for my anatomy with a simple breast augmentation with silicone implants? (Photo)

I am getting a breast augmentation next May, and I am definitely wanting to go larger, but I want to be realistic. I don't have a specific size fixated in my mind, but I would like an idea before going into my consult if this type of breast size is achievable for me? The first picture is my goal, the rest are just me. Thank you!

Is my goal somewhat realistic and achievable for my anatomy with a simple breast augmentation with silicone implants?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. Breast Augmentation helps patients with their concerns about loss of breast volume due to pregnancy, nursing or weight reduction and asymmetry in breast size, aiming a fuller profile, a more natural look. Available applications are implants and fat transfer or combination of both techniques. There are various implant types and different techniques to place the implant. The proper implant size and shape will be chosen by your surgeon according to your desires. In suitable patients placing the implant from axillary area can be done however in some cases it is better to place the implant via T cut.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Goal with BA

Hello. Thanks for the question. A BA procedure will enhance the aesthetics of your breasts but your cleavage is fairly wide and cannot be safely altered with surgery. Accordingly you may not look quite like your goal pic. You should discuss with your BCPS.  Good luck

Dr. B

Your goal of fullness and shape

is certainly doable but your nipples are not level and they may appear more asymmetric after an augmentation.  I always place my  implants in relation to the higher nipple so the upper poles are level when wearing a tank top or tube top.  If you use your nipples to place your implants, your upper poles will not be level.  Make sure your surgeon does what you want in this situation as everyone has different ideas of what is good.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation 'wish photos' can be helpful

The augmentation result that you presented is quite nice. You do have some moderate breast asymmetry, which is quite normal, but would affect your cosmetic result. An in-person consultation with an experienced and board certified plastic surgeon would be a good first step.

Thank you for you pictures and questions. In short, I think that you are a reasonable candidate for breast augmentation surgery. You do have some natural asymmetry. You can discuss with your surgeon how to correct this with augmentation (may require slightly larger implant on the right side).

In the end, I always encourage patients to not look at other people's pictures and try to achieve an exact "goal" because you never know where that person started in terms of anatomy. Each person is unique, as are their expectations and desires. You should be interested in obtaining a better "you" which makes you happier and more confident. Hopefully you will find a qualified plastic surgeon who can deliver that. 

Is my goal realistic and achievable for my anatomy with a simple breast augmentation?

You can get a very nice result with breast augmentation. We are always working under the constraints of a patient's anatomy...skin tightness, breast shape and size asymmetry, nipple position asymmetries, ribcage asymmetries, etc. You have some areolar size and position asymmetries that will persist after simple augmentation, but these may not be significant enough to you to undergo a periareolar "lift" with a scar around the areola in order to revise. The volume asymmetry can be improved with the placement of different sized implants. What volume of implant (and what breast size achieved) with what resulting amount of upper pole fullness without too much upper pole bulging depends on the tightness of your tissues. Nevertheless, as I stated, a good result can be achieved in your case.

An augmentation increases the volume and projection of your natural breast tissue. Plastic surgeons are always trying to achieve perfection and symmetry, but that isn't always possible. You certainly have some asymmetry that needs to be addressed, and your breasts appear to be rather widely spaced. However, implants will definitely improve your cleavage. So I think you are a good candidate for an augmentation, but you may not look exactly like your wish photo. Good luck!

Is my goal somewhat realistic

If your goal photo is a professional model, and I think it is, it has been photoshopped. Your goal photos would be better if they came from medical websites with unretouched pre and post op photos. Make sure and have 2-3 of these to show your surgeon at your consult. You have signnificant asymmetry in your natural anatomy, and to some degree that will still be present in your postop appearance. That said, the overall goal you have in mind is achievable. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos and at your consultation your surgeon will measure you and place implants in a bra so you can see what is possible.  Your desired result though seems very achievable in the hands of an expert

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD