Will a full or partial lift be needed? (Photos)

I've lost 40 lbs and hope to lose 20 more before my BA in December so I have pretty deflated breasts. Will I need a full or a partial lift with my implants to achieve good results?

Will a full or partial lift be needed?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Will a full or partial lift be needed?

From your photos, you look pretty lean and healthy.  Are you sure you want to lose 20 more lbs?   Wouldn't it be really hard to sustain that lower weight?  I always encourage my patient to accept a healthy and sustainable weight. 
Now for your breasts.  You will need a full lift.  You may be tempted to opt for a large implant and a periareolar lift but I think that would be a mistake. 
Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who has lots of experience with cosmetic breast surgery. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Your are looking at a lift

with your augmentation if you continue to lose weight and want a perkier look to your breasts.  Lollipop lifts are always recommended over doughnut lifts for many reasons and you should be able to discuss this with your surgeon and find out what he/she thinks will be necessary to achieve the best result possible.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation Options

I agree, your breast soft tissue is deflated but healthy appearing.  In addition to an implant, you'll likely achieve the best result with a vertical breast lift.  This leaves you with a lolipop incisional scar.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Will a full or partial lift be needed?

Thank you for the question. Congratulations on your recent weight loss. 
As you lose the additional 20 pounds, your breasts will continue to change and may deflate further.
Decisions regarding the type of lift during breast augmentation surgery are made in clinic after careful examination and measurements. However, from your photos it appears that you would benefit from a full lift. A periareolar lift will be adequate. 

Breast implants with lift

Tracey,Thank you for your question and the photos.Once you lose the rest of your weight, you would likely benefit from an implant with at least a vertical (lollipop) lift. The implant will help achieve upper breast fullness ann the vertical pattern lift will remove excess skin and elevate your nipple position. An exam in person is needed to confirm this of course. Since your nipple position is not too low, I imagine you would have a very nice outcome.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast lift

Now it is unanimous. I personally like the periareola lift but you would not be a good candidate for it.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

What kind of lift?

First and foremost, congratulations on your weight loss.
The photos you have shared demonstrate a nipple position that requires a full lift for adequate correction. Additionally, your breasts will likely continue to change with continued weight loss. 
Best of luck, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

A full lift is indicated

Your photo shows enough droopiness that a partial (around the areola only) lift won't work well. Good luck!

Recommend a full lift because of severe skin laxity. Grade 3 ptosis or skin looseness is evident on the photograph 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS