Can eyebrow hairs be used for eyelash transplant?

I'm considering having some eyelashes transplanted into a bald area. Can eyebrow hairs be used since they match better? I dont really want long hairs from the head there...

You may be able to harvest eyebrow hairs as donor hairs but that would leave you with scars on your eyebrow.

You may be able to harvest eyebrow hairs as donor hairs but that would leave you with scars on your eyebrow.  There is no such thing as a scarless surgery.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant to eyelashes

Eyebrow hair does not take very well in an eyelash transplant and although might seem like the best match up is actually not suited for a transplant.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow hairs do not make good eyelashes

It seems like a good idea to transplant hair from the eyebrow to the eyelash, but they generally don't transplant well.  

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Using eyebrow hairs for eyelash transplants

When a doctor is using eyebrow hairs for eyelash transplants, you run the risk that you will lose those eyebrow hairs as they will not regrow

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon