What to do with excess/stretched skin in middle of face at age 27?

I suddenly developed sever water retention & after sudden loss of this volume, I have left with loose tissue/skin in midface. it looks like wearing xl shirt while your size is xs. tried fillers & no help. I can grab the tissue in my cheek & pull it away from my face.

Doctor Answers 3

Loose skin in 27 year old

It is unususal for you to have skin which is poorly elastic skin which does not contract after a short period of fluid retention.. An evaluation  by a plastic surgeon would be appropriate to determine if you are an candidate for a filling or lifting procedure or both. Patients with acne scarring often have poorly eleastic skin even at a young age.

Michael  Eisemann M.D.

Plastic Surgeon M.D.

Houston, Texas

Houston Plastic Surgeon
3.5 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Loose midface skin

Thanks for your question. It would be very important to have a look at your photos. Better yet have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon . This way both surgical and non surgical options can be discussed. Keep in mind not all problems can be completely solved but often a combination of treatments to the skin and underlying tissues can help. 

Good Luck

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 108 reviews

Loose Skin On Face

I suggest a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in facial fillers and rejuvenation.  It is likely you may need more large volume filling with fat transfer or longer term fillers like sculptra, bellafill or radiesse.  Skin tightening with thermage, ultherapy, venus legacy may also help.  Please get a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.