Early 20s and interested in Brazilian butt lift. (Photo)

I am in my early 20s and I reside in Vancouver BC, Canada. It doesn't look like that any doctor in my area offers the BBL procedure here in town. Can someone please recommend me a doctor that's either nearby in say Washington state or do I need to travel to Miami to get results? I just don't want to travel too too far - just in case, surgeon cancels on me last minute and I'm out of the associated travel costs.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Early 20s and interested in Brazilian butt lift.

Brazilian Butt lift is the second most common procedure I do in my practice. Based on this limited single view photo, you can achieve a very nice enhancement and great improvement in body shape. Liposculpting of the abdomen, waist, hips will give you the hourglass figure. I would liposuction the arms and calves and ankles in your case as well. Of course, an in person consultation/evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting is necessary to decide what would give you the best results. Good luck.

Traveling and cosmetic surgery

I'm sure there are plenty of talented plastic surgeons in the Seattle area. You can start by going to the American Society of plastic surgeons website to look for board-certified plastic surgeon's in that area. Do your homework and choose someone who has ample experience.There are several things to take into consideration when traveling for cosmetic surgery.One is of course what happens if you have a complication after surgery.Liposuction  fat transfer are very safe procedures and complication rates are low.

another thing to take into consideration is the difficulty with follow-up appointments.Often these need to be done using Skype phone or email.
lastly is the issue of potential revisions.Plastic surgeons don't like to talk about their revision rates  but we all have patients who need touch up the procedures. 

my guess is one out of 10 patients who have a Brazilian will need some form of revision. Staying close as advantages.Being in the hands of the right doctor is paramount. 

Best,Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD