Decisions - I want that round, high profile fake look. (photos)

I am 5'6 , 113lbs petite and narrow frame. I am currently a 32a bra size. I am going for a silicone transaxillary (under the armpit) incision. I am afraid once surgery is done , It will not look big enough. I was hoping to acheive a D - DD cup size. My other main concern is visible scarring. Surgeon said go for 365cc now and upgrade in a year to let skin stretch but I want a one time procedure.

Breast Augmentation Decisions

Thanks for adding your photos.  You have a great starting point and getting the size you are looking for in one procedure should be no problem.   We generally measure your chest to get an idea of the width of implant, especially if we are using the new natural feeling gummy bear implants, and then put sizers in a bra so that you can pick exactly the size you are looking for.  There is no guessing that way and rarely does anyone come back asking to change size since they chose the implant size and not the surgeon.
I have added a video and web reference for you in the gummy bear breast implants.
I hope that helps.
Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

You can go larger than what is being considered right now

but the implant size should be selected by you with guidance from your surgeon.  Transaxillary approaches have the greatest risks for contractures and malposition... but those who use endoscopes do have some nice results.  Its your choice as to which scar you are willing to accept.  But I've never been limited as to what size my patient could take, even when flat chested but then maybe I just haven't met that patient that does indeed take serial procedures to get up to size.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

Hello,Let go of thinking about cup sizes; no surgeon can guarantee one and it is not that important.  Alternatively, how you look in the mirror is. Go to ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons for a consultation where you can be examined and sized.  The examination process will hopefully allow the surgeon to determine your anatomic capacity, something that should not be exceeded, even if your aesthetic goal would require it. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Decisions - I want that round, high profile fake look.

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you appear to have a nice starting place and should have a nice result with breast augmentation surgery.
The most important factor when sizing implants, is working closely with your surgeon in person to find the implant size that gives you the look that you desire. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body.
Unfortunately, online recommendations are not that helpful. Make sure that you have a good relationship with your plastic surgeon, so that you two can work together to find the right size.
In my office, patients try on implants in a bra and clothing. There able to see how they look in the mirror, and in photographs. Women are also encouraged to bring in wish pictures, so that I can get a sense of the look that they would like to achieve.
Good luck with the process!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. SchwartzBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Http:// profile

In my practice larger silicone implants of the Srx series of inspira implants can be best placed under the muscle through periareolar approach. A size of at least 400 or greater will be needed

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

I want that round, high profile fake look.

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "round, fake look" or "D or DD cup"  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to "larger" breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Decisions - I want that round, high profile fake look

In my opinion It is best to be very open to other access incisions such as inframammary and Periareolar  especially if the implants are large.  Try on sizers in your surgeon's office while discussing size.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Implant Decisions

In regards to breast augmentation, in my opinion,I think it's best to be very open to other access incisions such as inframammary and Periareolar. These approaches are more realiable in most surgeon's hands. Tranaxillary approaches must be performed by a very experienced surgeon. Also, you might want to consider a 400+ cc implant if you want to be a "D" or bigger.  A consultation in person is the best way to really determine what's best for you.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS