Hair Transplant surgeons, can you use the FUE punch tool on this? (photo)

This question is for hair transplant surgeons! I have a tattoo below my lower lashes on one eye. Can you use your smallest fue punch to remove some dots of tattoo below the lashes? I'm desperate to remove it (laser doesn't work). I wil accept small white dot scars instead of the dirty black tattoo. HELP.

Removing tattoo on lower eyelid

Yes, a doctor who is skilled with a punch can remove these tattoos. We have done this before but never for the lower lid

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

You need to see a doctor in person for a consultation. There are risks with what you are requesting.

You need to see a doctor in person for a consultation.  There are risks associated with what you are requesting.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Not recommended

an FUE punch is used to remove hair. I would not recommend an attempt at this as you can do far more damage to the lower lid than the dirty black ink. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Tattoo on lower lid

How long has this been there?  See an oculoplastic surgeon for this one.  Surgical excision is risky and this may simply fade with time.  You may also lose those lower lashes with excision so consider living with it.

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

Lower eyelid tattoo removal

I would not recommend using an FUE punch to remove the tattoo below the lashes because the lower eyelid structures are very delicate. I would recommend making an appointment with a facial plastic or oculoplastic surgeon.

Sahar Nadimi, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Tattoo Removal

Tattoos are permanent but can fade with time. Do not have tattoo removal on eyelids with an FUE device. FUE devices can be used to remove hair plugs but are not meant to remove eyelid tattoos. The eyelids have a tarsal plate and mebomiam glands that could potentially be damaged by an FUE device.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE removal of eyelid lesion

I would not recommend an FUE punch.  I recommend an evaluation by a physician comfortable excising lesions around the eye and eyelid.  You don't want to cause any scarring in that area as it could lead to problems with the function of the eyelid.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE to remove tattoo in eyelash

I definitely would not recommend FUE procedure to remove tattoo. I recommend you get another opinion for laser removal. 

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE punches for eyelid tattoo removal

If you feel that you have seen an expert laser specialist (several not just one), you may want to speak with an occuloplastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon. An FUE punch is not going to be used as scarring and contracture could potentially leave significant deformity and asymmetry of the eyelid. 

FUE is not what you should be looking for.  Make sure you've included a skilled cosmetic/laser dermatologist in your search for medical advice as well as the specialists mentioned above.