Can the coolmax applicator be used on inner thighs?

I'm wondering if it's possible to use the biggest applicator for "debulking" inner thighs

CoolSculpting's CoolMax applicatio for inner thghs?

CoolSculpting has FDA approval for fat reduction since 2010. CoolSculpting freezes the fat cells. Fat cells are more susceptible to damage by freezing than the other cells, (nerve, vessel, bone, etc.), around them. The fat cells die via a process called apoptosis, (programmed cell death). The number of fat cells are therefore reduced. This happens over a period of time, so the body is not overwhelmed with dead fat cells. The body will take these cells up, process them and excrete them, just as any other cell. The remnants are filtered through the liver, and then excreted eventually via stool. CoolSculpting now has an applicator for thighs.  CoolSculpting had been used in this area with good results. The CoolMax is usually not used in this area.  See an experienced CoolSculpting practice, they will determine if you are a candidate.  Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  They will be able to tell you of the different options, (CoolSculpting, Liposuction, Direct excision, etc.).

CoolMax and thighs?

The CoolMax applicator  was not created for the inner thigh area. The CoolMax is too large for the inner thigh, however the CooFfit  was designed for this area and works quit well.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting the Inner Thighs

CoolMax will not work for inner thighs.  The CoolMax applicator is too large and it is not the right shape for that area.  Make sure to see a Certified CoolSculpting Specialist to see if you are a candidate for the treatment. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

CoolMax Too Large and Curved for Inner Thigh

Thank you for posting this great question. While one of the great advantages of CoolSculpting is that there are a variety of applicators that allow for true customization and individualization of each patient's treatment plan, I do not think the CoolMax would be appropriate for the inner thigh. First, the size and curvature of the CoolMax is such that it would be difficult to apply to the inner thigh. Second, even if a good vacuum is achieved with good tissue draw, I would be concerned that there could be contour irregularities if you were to have treatment with the CoolMax in the inner thigh. Of course, an in-person consultation would be most helpful to you so that the best and most appropriate treatment plan can be determined. Good luck!

Henry Lee, MD
Warren Oculoplastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting has several applicators. Please do some research in your geographical area and find the best possible office to have your procedure. They will listen to your concerns and recommend the best treatment options based on their knowledge and experience. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolMax not appropriate

The CoolMax is too large of an applicator for the inner thighs. I would suggest seeing if you are a candidate for the CoolFit applicator!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

CoolMax not for Inner thighs

It is unlikely the CoolMax would be appropriate for the inner thighs.  The CoolFit applicator, however, is designed specifically for this area and gives great results.  With the recent introduction of the new CoolAdvantage contours, in most patients, each inner thigh can be treated in only 35 minutes.  The CoolMax applicator is too large and does not have the appropriate contour to treat the inner thigh area.  This applicator is best used for "debulking" excess tissue of the abdomen.  I would recommend a consultation with an experienced provider who can map out the best treatment plan to meet your needs.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Applicator or inner thighs

In most cases, the Coolmax applicator is inappropriate for inner thighs. The Coolfit applicator is more commonly used as it better aligns with the anatomy of the inner thighs.Consult with a physician at a Certified Coolsculpting Center to understand your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting vs SculpSure and HI DEF 4D CONTOURING

I suggest seeing a cosmetic physician to evaluate what is best for you. This needs a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

#CoolSculpting of inner thighs

Dear sheryle:The contour of the CoolMax applicator is such that it would not create a tight seal on the skin of the inner thighs and the skin would not be pulled into the applicator for treatment. It also does not have the proper contour to prevent irregularities after treatment of the inner thighs. The CoolFit applicator is perfect for this area, however.  All the best, Sheryl Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD