Continue silicone gel application for tummy tuck scar if it stings?

The silicone scar treatment gel given to me by my surgeon stings for the entire day after I apply it. This is the second application since surgery (5 weeks post op) and I am wondering whether to continue using it? Heading into a long weekend so won't be able to contact him for 4 days. Thanks

Options

Generally all treatment questions should be answered by your surgeon or the doctor on call (which should be an option).

If you are uncomfortable, the logical answer is to hold off on the scar treatment until you can be reexamined.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Silicone application.

With some adhesives there can be some sensitivities such as stinging. However, if the product continues to bother you and/or if you see a rash  or other allergic reaction you should stop it. Since you mentioned you have a long weekend coming up, it's probably a good idea to check with your surgeon about the stinging and see what they recommend. Best, Dr. ALDO:)

Aldo Guerra, MD