Can this be done a cheek Smas lift/ or implants and a neck lift only?

If that's all that bothers you? Instead of a full facelift? Will that minimize downtime while it addresses what bothers me? Could someone please tell me

Neck and cheeks

Performing a SMAS lift can improve the cheeks and while the facial skin is open, various maneuvers can help the neck as well.

Facelift, neck lift, cheek implants

A full set of photographs and usually an in-person examination is required to make a determination about three different surgical procedures. Cheek implants are placed for patients who have a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile. Cheek implants are composed of SIlastic, and are inserted through an intraoral approach under A brief general anesthesia. A SMAS is part of a facelift procedure. A neck lift is performed for patients who have adequate skin tone in the neck and have fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle and also require a platysma plasty.   Whatever surgery is contemplated,  anticipate two weeks of visible bruising and swelling present. For more information and many examples of all three procedures, please see the link and the video below

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.  

Hope this helps.

Performing a necklift only in combination with cheek augmentation

Hello Sugar N Spice and thank you for your question. This all depends on the amount of excess skin you have. I would recommend an in person consultation or provide some images. This would be helpful in providing an answer specific to your case.