Is going back to work 1 week post op Breast Augmentation a bad idea?

Hi I am a dental hygienist so using my arms and upper body to clean teeth. The only date I could book my BA was 1 week before the end of summer vacation from work. Am I crazy to attempt working so soon? Looking at 335-350cc anatomicals under the muscle.

Thank you for the question. I would run this question by your plastic surgeon, who may have very specific thoughts/recommendations for you. Generally speaking, for my patients who are in your line of work, I recommend about 2 weeks off of work, given that you will be lifting/moving your arms alot.    
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Return to work after breast augmentation

Thank you for your questions. You should be okay to return to work 1 week post op. It is always best to discuss this with your chosen plastic surgeon and make sure you follow his/ her protocol for recovery. Best of luck with your recovery,

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Return to work?

Thank you for your question. Assuming the surgery goes well and you don't have any complications, you should be able to return to work after one week. However, if your implants are placed under the muscle, you may be sore and unable to work a full day initially. Please discuss your plan with your board certified plastic surgeon prior to your procedure. Hope this helps.

? Return to work too soon after BA

I think you will be fine to return to your job as a dental hygienist after 1 week of recovery. My father was a dentist and he had both hygienists and dental assistants return to their jobs after a 1 week recovery from their breast augmentations. As long as you are not doing any heavy lifting at your job, I let all of my BA pts. return to work by one week postop. You should definitely check with your local PS regarding his/her policy about returning to work. Good luck and keep those teeth clean!

Return to work

Congratulations on your breast augmentation! Returning to work depends on a number of factors including what you do for work, the type of surgery you had, and most importantly how you have been doing after surgery. The surgeon who performed your surgery or her/his office should be able to help answer when it is safe for you to go back to work. The most important thing is being safe and comfortable! Best wishes, MMT