30 y/o male. Do I need liposuction, chin implant, neck lift, Platysmaplasty? (photos)

I am trying to get advice on what would be the best solution to fix my weak chin/jaw line, double chin and heavy, angular neck. I am a 30 year old male. I am not sure what is needed in my case but I have been researching liposuction, chin implant, neck lift and Platysmaplasty. There is a bit of apprehension with neck lifts due to scarring and they could likely be visible given my hair color and length.

Candidate for a chin augmentation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

30 y/o male. Do I need liposuction, chin implant, neck lift, Platysmaplasty?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.You has excess fat and some excess skin in the neck as well.  At 30 years of age, I'd perform liposuction under the chin and across the neck and remove some skin using the curved incision for implant placement.  The skin should shrink significantly at your age.  
Hope this helps.

Neck and chin impovement

There is no question that neck shaping surgery by means of liposuction or liposuction with neck lift would make a major change. Clinical, in person evaluation is needed to give you right answer. Your chin could look stronger with chin implant?You should seek a consultation by  a reputable board certified plastic surgeon for detailed evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, Chin Implant, and/or Neck Lift

At your age a neck lift is not necessary. A chin implant combined with liposuction will improve you neck contour and jaw definition.

Neck lift and chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile, in addition to fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle. In our practice, a neck lift involves removal of fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle, in addition to a platysma plasty.  No skin removal is necessary.  A chin implant can be placed through the very same incision underneath the chin.  In our practice, we make 3 incisions, each one being approximately 1 inch long, and they are located behind both ears and underneath the chin in order to be able to shape a new jawline.  For more information and many before and after results of both chin implants and  neck lift procedures, please see the link and the video below

Improve chin and neck

At your age and apparent condition, neck liposuction and a chin implant should make for a very nice result. A neck lift could always be done later. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon