18 days post-op, will I eventually be able to have cleavage with a bra? (photo)

I am 18 days post-op and I have 350 cc saline sub muscular implants.I know it is still early in the healing process but I was wondering if once my implants drop if I will be able to get cleavage with a push up bra ?My implants are quite far apart. I was able to fake cleavage with a ton of push up before sugery but now I've tried on a couple bras just to see and have no cleavage what so ever.i wanted to go bigger but this was the biggest my surgeon could fit so it is upsetting to have no cleavage

Ask you surgeon how you can make the mounds closer

if you have smooth round implants as the textured anatomic implants are not supposed to move like that.  I am a believer in massage and band use and my patients are the proof to me that its effective.  If you can get your implants to stretch and move more, you should be able to have cleavage with a push up bra.

Post-op Cleavage

Hello and thank you for your question. Like you mentioned yourself, it is still very early in the healing process and some implants can take anywhere from weeks to months to "drop and fluff" and settle in to your chest. Your healing process looks to be going very well and I am confident you will be happy with your cleavage when it is all said and done. 
If you continue to have worries or are not satisfied with your results, then my advice is to keep up with your post-op follow-ups with your plastic surgeon and communicate how you feel and what your expectations were going into the surgery, and what your options are now. Hopefully he or she can help. 

Best wishes

Traci Temmen, MD 

Traci Temmen, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon