12 vials of Sculptra in 2.5 years. All done by experienced doctors/plastic surgeons. 51 years old, no results. (photos)

I am asking my question with more information. I have had 3 doctors inject 12 vials of Sculptra in 2.5 years. No results. Some doctors responded that Sculptra won't work if I am taking medications, am ill, or smoke. None of that applies to me. In addition, I was advised that HA fillers don't work on me due to fast metabolism/athletics. Bellafill worked, but migrated beside the wrinkle, so it looks deeper. Any suggestions? Is there something I can do to have a better response to HA fillers?

Sculptra and Facial injections

Sculptra is a great product which produces collagen and I have not seen a case such as the one that you are describing.  I would consider Voluma for an immediate lift in this case.  Best, Dr. Green

Sculptra Alternatives--Lasers, RF, Voluma, Ultrasound, Microneedling/prp

Some people need more voulme that sculptra, which is merely a base of collagen production in my opinion.  Voluma, fat injections, radiesse or restylane lyft would be a good alternate filler choice, because it's thicker. Other treatments would be lasers, RF, ultrasound and microneedling/prp. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Sculptra

I have been using Sculptra in my practice for the last 6 years and have been impressed with what it provided my patients. Unfortunately, the result each patient get is different. I have never seen it not provide volume to patients but the degree is different with everyone. After 12 vials I would advise that investing anymore money in Sculptra is not worth it. For whatever reason it just does not work in you. I am not aware of illness or medications making it ineffective; however, if you are losing weight this would due to illness or intentionally you may be losing fattty volume in your face. This would conteract any benefit from the Sculptra. As for other fillers, I really don't have any great suggestions.

Charles T. Slack, MD
Mckinney Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra

Thanks for the question. I would say that your lack of response to the Sculptra is unusual. You may want to consider Bellafill instead.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

12 Vials of Sculptra

It is very hard to comment on the specifics of your situation other than to say that this is unusual.  Sculptra is a bio-modulator of collagen production which works very predictably and efficiently in most patients in producing facial volume.  It is not designed, nor should it be considered a wrinkle filler.  Since the onset of volume production is gradual, many patients need to see their standardized photos before and after to realize the full impact of their result.  However, there may be some metabolic or medication related reason for your situation which would be best determined via a consultation.  Another great alternative is Voluma, which is a thicker, vycros formulation of hyaluronic acid.  Another consideration would be use of autologous fat or a newer allograft known as Allofill. I would not recommend Bellafill as a means to add volume to your face.  

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon