I have a bubble in my right inplant. Is that something to worry about?

Doctor Answers 5


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
How did you come to the conclusion you have a bubble in your implant? You certainly cant see your implants. Why don't you try to describe what you feel, see, and/or hear.  
Thank you!

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 100 reviews

When implants change or develop new issues

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
you should always return to your surgeon for an evaluation and possible diagnosis.  If you must see another surgeon, please do so as what you describe could be the implant protruding, a rent in your capsule aggravated by a capsule, or something else and this can only be determined in a face to face consultation.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Please add photos

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are several things that can occur and may be appropriately or inappropriately described as a double bubble ranging from dissection of the lower pole of the breast to capsule contracture combined with breast ptosis. You should discuss it with your surgeon to see if it will resolve or ultimately require revision.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

More information please

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Without more information, it is difficult to determine what you are referring to.  If it is something you are concerned about, definitely ask your plastic surgeon. Any board-certified plastic surgeon would gladly answer all questions or concerns from their patients! I would! Best of luck! 

Chia Jen Lynn Chung, MD
Puyallup Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

I have a bubble in my right inplant. Is that something to worry about?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Consider providing photos so that I could give you a better advice. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 318 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.