How much is a Facelift and neck fix? I'm 54. Age has destroyed my face and neck. (photos)

The enclosed picture is me 3 years ago. So sagging, lines, drooping is worse. How much to fix my face and neck. What is recovery time?

Good facelift candidate

Thank you for posting your question and photo.  In my opinion you would benefit very well from a facelift / neck lift.  I would also add laser resurfacing would be very beneficial to also smooth the skin.  For a facelift I tell my patients to stay at home for a week and keep activity light for two weeks.  Of course everyone heals at different rates depending on how much is done as well.  Costs may vary depending on location and the surgeon's experience.  This procedure may be done under local anesthesia and oral sedation to keep costs lower. I believe it is an easier recovery and with an experienced surgeon can be done effectively.  Please consult with several board certified facial plastic / plastic surgeons experienced in facelifting.  

Facelift and Neck Lift Cost

A facelift should deal with your neck so when looking for the cost for the procedure in your area, simply put "facelift cost" in the search box in the top of the RealSelf page and it should show you your answer.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

How much is a Facelift and neck fix? I'm 54. Age has destroyed my face and neck

Thank you for your question. The price of a face lift will vary from city to city. In the Dallas area the price for a face lift (not including brow, eyelids, or fat transfers) ranges from $8,000-$14,000. Fat transfer will help restore volume and laser resurfacing will help the texture and quality of your skin. They both work in synergy with a facelift.  Consult with a board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best Wishes

Cost of facelift

When you are looking for a facelift surgeon or the cost of it, you must consider several factors: Facelift cost is dependent on the experience of the surgeon, and the extent of the procedure. In addition, facelift prices include much more than the surgeon’s fee if done under major anesthesia. In those cases, the total facelift cost includes facility fees, anesthesiologist fees, aftercare fees, and more. This might cost up to $15,000. I perform my lower facelifts without need for general anesthesia in office surgical room. By performing the procedure in office and under local anesthesia the price is cut in half and the saving goes all to patient. Average cost for a face and neck lift is between $8,500 to $10,000. This includes facility fees, surgeon fees, and aftercare fees

Kevin Sadati, DO

The cost of a facelift.

A straightforward facelift which is uncomplicated will cost between eight and $10,000. Most patients are recovered enough to go about their daily activities in the public within a week. Changes to the final result will take a number of months.

Candidate for a facelift

You look like a very good candidate for a facelift. I also believe that you need to consider full face resurfacing to improve on the wrinkles and sun damage. Have a face to face consultation with a facial plastic surgeon that does a considerable amount of facelift surgery. Ask for before and after pictures. price depends on the experience of the physician and the geographical area that the clinic is located.

Hope this helps
Dr. Gus Diaz
Double Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consider This Perspective!

A facelift - which includes a necklift - works out to about $3 or $4 per day for as

long as it will last, meaning before you usually look about like you did before surgery. 

For a perspective, it's probably going to give you more pleasure than a daily cup of

Starbuck's!

You may also want to consider laser resurfacing to dramatically reduce the wrinkles that

you also have. Add in 75 cents more per day.

George Sanders, MD

How much is a Facelift and neck fix? I'm 54. Age has destroyed my face and neck.

A Face and Neck Lift including operating room, anesthesia and surgery would be $9,800.  The recovery time would be about 10 days.

Fred Suess, MD

How much is a facelift.........

you seem to be an excellent candidate for the surgery. Prices will vary depending on the surgeon and area. You should make sure you choose a board-certified experienced plastic surgeon

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Facelift, Neck Lift, and possible Laser Resurfacing

Thank you for the question and your photo. It looks like you have some skin excess. As others have said, this may be related to genetic factors, sun exposure, etc. Regardless, you would need to lift and remove some of this skin via a face and neck lift. For surface-level improvement in fine lines, texture, and skin tone, laser resurfacing can be added to the surgical procedures.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon