Why are my eyes are uneven? (photo)

I'm in my 20's and it looks like my left eye is a little bit in the upper side and my right eye is widely open. My eyes arent like this before. Is there some cause of this? And how do i prevent it?

Uneven eyes

There are many reasons for uneven eyes. See video below for more information. Recommend seeing an oculoplastic specialist for in person evaluation.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of the eyes

You may have natural asymmetry, an eyelid problem, or an orbital problem. It appears that your left eye is proptotic (more forward in the socket) than the right. This may be caused by thyroid issues, sinus problems, trauma history on the right, or other less common diagnoses. An Oculoplastic surgeon could evaluate your eyes/ eyelids/ and sockets to give you an accurate diagnosis and suggest treatment if needed.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

First you warrant a detailed personal consultation.

However from the photo, it appears that you have right upper eyelid ptosis with a compensatory eyebrow elevation.  It is essential to that you get assessed for possible Herring's law ptosis for the left side.  This issue is addressed with ptosis surgery.  The detailed consultation would determine which of the ptosis procedures are appropriate for you.  You also need to be assessed for left upper eyelid retraction which is a condition most commonly caused by thyroid related orbital disease.