Can I get a BL w/implants and an areola reduction at once?

I know it would depend on the surgeon but, in general are they done at the same time? I'm 27 mother of 4

Breast augmentation with areolar reduction

Thanks for your inquiry and yes these two procedures are performed together all the time.  Please seek the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss, good luck.  

Breast lift and implants

Yes, a breast lift can be done at the same time as an augmentation. The areola can also be reduced at the same time.

Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift

I prefer to perform breast lifts, when needed, at the same time as the augmentation. The combined procedure addresses the desire for volume enhancement and the need for tissue repositioning. This can optimize aesthetic results with one anesthetic and one recovery period, which is more time and cost effective. 

Stretched out areola are routinely reduced to an aesthetically ideal size at the time of the breast lift. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Breast Lift with Implants and Areola Reduction completed at same time

Thank you for this wonderful question! You are absolutely able to have a breast lift with implants at the same time. In fact, these procedures, when needed, are often completed together. The areola reduction will be part of your breast lift as most breast lifts require the type of incision which allows for this to take place. Although it is possible that these two procedures may require to be done at separate times this is a very rare occurrence. I encourage you to seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for complete details on this type of procedure. I prefer to utilize the Vectre 3d imaging system during my consults which will allow you the opportunity to visualize the end result of your procedure before it is even completed. I do hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck! 

Ronald Downs, MD, FACS
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Most breast lift techniques incorporate an element of areola reduction

Hello and thank you for your question.  Most breast lift techniques incorporate an areola reduction strategy to help achieve the ideal breast shape.  Make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery for your ideal outcome.  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Breast Lift With Implants and Areolar Reduction #breastlift

• A breast lift can very easily incorporate a reduction in the size of your areola.  In fact, quite often during a breast lift the areola is made smaller.
  • We commonly perform breast lifts along with breast augmentation to help restore fullness and a more youthful shape for mothers who have noticed changes in their breasts after pregnancy/breastfeeding.
  • Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon (ASPS) to find out more. 

Simultaneous breast lift with implants and areola reduction

Yes. Areola reduction is routinely part of the lift operation, and breast augmentation and lift surgery are commonly done together. It is a safe operation when the implant is placed behind the pectoral muscle. If you have moderate to severe droopiness or ptosis ask your surgeon if he/she uses the I.D.E.A.L. Breast Lift approach with the anchor or inverted-t lift. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Combo breast lift and augmenation

Combo breast augmentation and breast lift...Many surgeons will do the two procedures separately.  Some do the breast augmentation first.  Others the breast lift. Many do it at the same time.  If possible I prefer to do at the same time as it saves patients money, limits the recovery time and the need to be away from work, and gives you beautiful breasts in one procedure.  There are pros and cons to both that your surgeon can discuss to help make the right choice for you. There is no one way to do things and no one procedure for everyone. It should be customized to your individual needs.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Performing plastic surgery in Oakville, Mississauga, Georgetown, Milton, Burlington, Toronto and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Can I get a Breast Lift w/implants and an areola reduction at once?

Yes it is common today to perform breast lift with implants at one procedure. The areola can be reduced and will help lift the breast. Please find an expert plastic surgeon who is comfortable with combined procedure-many are not. Please read below: