Is it safe to do CoolSculpting on my upper and lower abdomen before my breast reduction?

I have a breast reduction scheduled in 2 weeks. I wanted to do the cool sculpting before the surgery on my abdominal area, upper and lower. Is this safe? Will it interfere with the date of my surgery? Is it appropriate for me to do this? I don't want to delay my surgery date because of this. I got two different opinions from an onsite doctor and another from a nurse on my surgeons staff, needless to say I got two different opinions. Please help!

CoolSculpting before surgery

Please consult with your breast reduction surgeon and let them know your plans. It is always important that  your medical team is in the loop. Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting before surgery

Doing Coolsculpting in an area that is not involved with your surgery does not present any issues.  Patients will frequently do such things to optimize their overall results.  No problem. Good luck with Coolsculpting and surgery.

Grant Stevens, MD

#CoolSculpting before breast reduction?

Dear helpme328:

There is no medical reason that you cannot have CoolSculpting before breast reduction. Your breast surgeon might object only if he or she is concerned that if you have any discomfort after CoolSculpting that it might interfere with how you cope with the postoperative effects of the breast reduction. I would discuss this with your surgeon and go along with his preference.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Coolsculpting before surgery

A non invasive procedure on a completely separate body part is a very reasonable consideration. However, make sure you discuss with your plastic surgeon what your goals are both in timing and final result. You may find that liposuction at the time of your breast reduction surgery may help you achieve your goals as well.

Coolsculpting

I am not aware of any reason why you could not have coolsculpting done in the time frame that you describe.

Coolsculpting and Breast Surgery

It is absolutely safe to have Coolsculpting on your abdomen in advance of your breast surgery.  It is entirely separate area.  You should check with your surgeon however since he is the one performing your surgery.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question. There should be no problem in having coolsculpting 2 weeks before your breast reduction. Speak with your chosen surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting The Abdomen Before Breast Reduction

There is no problem with doing CoolSculpting to your abdomen 2 weeks before a breast reduction. The only thing that I would say, though, is that after a breast reduction you will have some downtime with limitations in activity. If you can't be as active with exercise then your results may not be optimal. It's up to you. Best of luck on your upcoming surgery.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Surgery

I would suggest having the CoolSculpting soon so that you are most comfortable on the day of your surgery. I do not see any medical reason that you can't have CoolSculpting as long as your surgeon clears you to do so. In our surgical facility, we regularly perform surgeries as well as CoolSculpting within a short time of one another.

CoolSculpting before breast reduction

In my opinion, it would be fine to have CoolSculpting on your upper and lower abdomen 2 weeks before your breast reduction.  I would recommend discussing this with your particular surgeon however, as his or her opinion may differ.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon