I'm having excess fat & tissue removed from under both my armpits! How long is recovery time? How long does this procedure take?

Removal of excess fat and skin under armpits - recovery?

Thank you for asking about your arm pit (axillary) surgery.
  • The length of surgery varies with what needs to be done.
  • Although two hours would be reasonable in some cases, longer is needed in others.
  • Recovery is usually a week for sweling and discomfort to improve, two weeks to feel close to normal and 6 weeks to playing tennis, 6 months to seeing all swelling gone and your final result.
  • This is the average - your surgeon should explain to you what is expected for you given your condition.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS