- The length of surgery varies with what needs to be done.
- Although two hours would be reasonable in some cases, longer is needed in others.
- Recovery is usually a week for sweling and discomfort to improve, two weeks to feel close to normal and 6 weeks to playing tennis, 6 months to seeing all swelling gone and your final result.
- This is the average - your surgeon should explain to you what is expected for you given your condition.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
I'm having excess fat & tissue removed from under both my armpits! How long is recovery time? How long does this procedure take?
Doctor Answers 1
Removal of excess fat and skin under armpits - recovery?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.