A freckle has changed. It is now raised and pink. What is it? (photos)

As you can see, I am freckly with a mix of brown and white freckles, I am also riddled in Sun Spots. I live in Spain and so regularly exposed to the sun. I am fair skinned and blonde haired. I noticed that a large freckle on my thigh has changed. It is now a little raised and pink in colour. I am a little concerned.

Changing moles

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to evaluate and assess your mole through photographs. To evaluate for any abnormalities, the lesion needs to be examined with an instrument called a dermatoscope which allows the physician to look at the mole under higher magnification for any irregularities. If any abnormalities are noted, then a biopsy should be performed, and the lesion sent to pathology for further evaluation. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your lesion evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.