Who is the best Fat Transfer Doctor near LA? (Photo)

I have had a previous fat transfer procedure done 4 years ago and looking to get it done again. I want my fat injected into my breasts and maybe lips. My breasts are asymmetrical and I want to correct that and take the fat from my inner knees, thighs and tummy. The first procedure was around 5 grand is that about the average price still? and I keep reading reviews on fat transfers and a lot of the fat dying and want to avoid that.

Doctor Answers 2

Fat transfer surgery

There is definitely an art and skill to fat transfer surgery.  There are so many aspects of the surgery that need to be optimized in order to obtain a great result. The fat must be harvested efficiently and gently so as to increase cell viability; the harvested fat is processed, cleaned and concentrated in order to preserve fat cells and stem cells; the fat cells are then injected in a specific micro-tunneling technique which gives the best fat cell retention percentage, and lastly the patient must take care of the injected fat for several weeks until a good blood supply develops  to ensure maintenance of shape and volume.  See a few board-certified surgeons with a lot of experience with fat transfer surgery and pick the office that gives you confidence and makes you feel comfortable.  I hope this information helps!Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I specialize in Breast Fat Transfer procedures and Restorative Breast Surgery. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 93 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.