What procedures do I need to fix this? (Photo)

I had to have a hystorectomy after my tuck. I woke up with a cooked nasty scar below my tuck scar. I've gained weight since the hystorectomy. I hate the way I look now, my tuck was in 2002, hystorectomy in 2011. I was very happy until now. Please give me guidance.

Scar revison

Removing the scar tissue and liposuction of the abdomen should improve your result.  The two procedures could be performed together or on separate occasions.

Post hysterectomy scar

It should be a simple outpatient procedure.Maybe a little lipo above the scar and a direct re excision of the scar and you should do fine.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

What to do?

Thank you for the questions and photos. It appears that a scar revision would be all you need to address that particular issue. Liposuction can be added to other parts of the abdomen if desired.

Best Wishes,

Michael Morrissey,MD

What procedures

I think you may be happy with a combination of liposuction and a scar revision of your lower abdominal scar.  I would try to make sure you are at your goal weight prior to embarking on cosmetic surgery.  Hope this helps.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

What procedures do I need to fix this C-section #scar?

Great photos. You have a few options here depending on your goals.  If you just want to improve the scar then a scar revision is all that is needed. We do this by essentially cutting out the old scar and using special techniques to make a nice, more inconspicuous scar.  Often this can be done under just local anesthesia or numbing medication without the need to have sedation or general anesthesia.  If you concern is the scar and contour of the belly area, you could be a candidate for either liposuction and scar revision or liposuction and tummy tuck (best choice really depends on your goals, examination, and status of your abdominal muscles). If there is muscle weakness then tummy tuck is an excellent choice that will narrow the waistline, flatten the abdomen, and remove excess skin/fat.  This will also give you a new, better scar while transforming the appearance of your belly.  For best recommendations, please schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

A revision of the scar is all you need to make this smooth again.  You can add some lipo at the ends to decrease the bulging in this area.  

Tummy scar

Excision of your scar and proper closed should rid you of the "valleys" which cause your scar to be unattractive. You can also consider liposuction of the abdomen at the same time for the best result.
Thank you

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

What can be done to Fix this

There are several things that can be done to make the area look better and make you feel better! If it is simply the scar appearance that bothers you, a scar revision can be performed which will make the area look much better. If you wanted maximum improvement, in my opinion a "mini-Tummy Tuck" would make a wonderful change in your situation. It would allow for removing excess skin and re-doing the scar as well as liposuction to help remove excess fat in the area. All this together would really make a good improvement in the appearance of the area and bring back your happiness. The best course of action is to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to allow for an exam in person to see what works best, but take comfort in knowing that most definitely this area can be fixed and look better again.

What procedures do I need to fix this?

Thank you for your question and I can see your area of concern.  If the central part of your incision is your greatest concern, I would recommend a scar revision to help correct the irregular skin edges and improve the overall appearance of your lower abdomen. This can be done with a small in-office procedure.  It would be best for you to see a board-certified plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and in-depth discussion about your goal results.  

Best to seek boarded PS evaluation for scar revision, under local with sedation or light general anesthesia.............