Already had BA 2yrs ago should I get a revision to go bigger? (Photo)

I had 400 cc silicone moderate plus profile implants put in 2 years ago. They are not as full and big as I wanted them so now I am debating to get them redone and to go with a high profile silicone implant as those look like they have more volume on top and all around. The question is should I stay with moderate plus and just go with a bigger implant and how many cc's or should I change it to high profile and how many cc's . What I look like and my wish boobies are below.

Breast Revision for Larger Implants

Yes, it is possible to #increase your implant size with a #revision. However, the #pocket may require adjustment and a lift may be necessary; to better #support the new implant depending on an evaluation. Additionally, a mesh for further support may be helpful depending on the #implant size and skin #elasticity.

With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. Any cosmetic #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingient on shape of body and your desired outcome.  Your procedure should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for another revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient #reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast augmentation 2 years ago, bigger maybe?

Thank you for the photos. Of course, each patient is different. It is hard to make a comment on a larger implant as one does not have a good evaluation about soft tissue coverage until an exam. Often one can have more projection with a larger implant while keeping the base width the same size.  This may get you closer to the result you desire. Please let your board certified plastic surgeon know your thoughts.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

2 years post-op, should you get a revision to go bigger? High profile or moderate plus profile?

An implant replacement is a relatively simple surgery.  Because the pocket is already created, it's much easier to get you more upper pole fullness.  In my opinion, I would opt for a moderate plus profile implant.  Based on the wish picture you've posted, I think a wider mod plus implant will get you closer to that result.  I would suggest going over 500 cc's.  Anything less might not be a big enough change for you.  Good luck!

Breasts that are soft and natural after breast augmentation should probably be left alone.

If your breasts are soft and natural my advice to you would be to leave them alone. There's no problem with increasing the size and reconsidering the type of profile but you put the results of the first operation at risk.

Revision for Larger Volume

At 2 years, your tissues and body are likely ready to accept larger implants, as any relaxation that is going to occur has already occurred.  It is generally difficult to see much volume difference unless at least 100 cc additional volume is used, but you will need to go considerably larger than just 500 cc to achieve the look that your wish photo shows. Note also, that you have a differently shaped chest wall than your wish example, with mild asymmetry, and apparently steeper lateral slopes, causing your nipples to diverge more outward.  That will not prevent volume change, but will still provide a larger shape more like the one you have, though the wish photo can serve as a theme for your desire.  High profile implants will allow more volume to be placed in a smaller base dimension, achieving a rounder shape, but may also accentuate the distance between your breasts despite larger volume. Your surgeon will have the benefit of direct physical exam, and I am basing this observation on a single view, presumably bounced from a mirror.  A page that I link below discusses this cleavage and shape issue as it relates to chest wall geometry and starting point breast shape.  Realize also, that larger implants will require more support, and may be more prone to later soft tissue stretch, particularly if the pectoralis muscle origins have been released to make room for the implants.  I hope that this helps.

Tom DeWire, MD, FACS    

Richmond, VA    

Thomas M. DeWire Sr., MD (retired)
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation revision

I agree that you need to go to a HP implant.  I do not recommend surgery for less than 100cc difference, and most of the time people are not happy with less than 200cc in my opinion.

Already had BA 2yrs ago should I get a revision to go bigger?

I would only change volume to 500 to 600 cc moderate profile +. But you need in person opinions first.....////////

After Breast Augmentation, Should Patient Go Bigger?

Discuss your thoughts with your plastic surgeon. He/she can review the options, review sizing, and compare the moderate plus profile dimensions with those of the high profile implants. 

If you've lived with the 400 cc size for two years and really feel you want to go larger, you've probably had sufficient time to think about it. In my own practice, patients who have thought a long time about going up in size have a high satisfaction rate when they actually do exchange their implants for larger ones. 

Click on the link below to see a case in which the patient went from saline implants to larger silicone gel implants. 

All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

You have a very nice result. Keep in mind that surgery is not without risks.

If you do decide to proceed with a removal and replacement of your implants, you may or may not need removal of a scar capsule. Your plastic surgeon can determine this for you. Also the width of your chest must be measured to determine the profile of your new implants. I would guess that a high profile implant would be necessary to prevent your implants from being too wide for your chest. An examination by a plastic surgeon is necessary for this measurement.

Sounds reasonable

You results are very nice. Knowing the base diameter of your current implants then switching to  higher profile of larger size should be a 30 minute procedure. I am sure your surgeon will take good care of you. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon