Vaginal Rejuvination - Laser or Incision-Based?

I have pain with intercourse and I get air trapped into my vagina constantly. It is embarrassing and painful. When I lay down and spread my legs open I get air, when I exercise air, when I am in sex positions air. It is to the point my husband will not touch me because it is painful and he is put off by it. This never happened prior to me having our daughter 18 months ago. I was given lube and estrogen cream nothing is helping not even kegels. Will LVR help me or what surgery? Please I need help

Vaginal Rejuvenation with Laser and Without Laser

With the availability of recent technology, there are few nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation options available for our patients. CO2 fractionated lasers include the FemiLift, MonaLisa Touch and IntimaLase. The ThermiVa as radiofrequency energy that can also treat the outer Labia to reduce and tighten this area. It can increase blood flow, sensitivity , and orgasm. It can increase moisture and decreasestress urinary incontinence for many women.
PRP ( Platelet Rich Plasma ) can be added to these procedures which may make a difference in the outcome. It can be injected into the vaginal mucosa to increase circulation and vaginal health , O-shot.PRP can also be used for a “G” Shot which is injected into the G-spot.
Costs for non-surgical laser vaginal rejuvenation are approximately 3000 - for 3 sessions.Twice yearly or yearly follow up treatments are recommended to maintain vaginal health.If PRP is being added there is an additional $1000-1200 per treatment session.
However, surgery is the most common treatment. I perform a variety of treatments and surgeries to enhance, restore and rejuvenate the female genital region. This includes procedures to improve moisture, sensitivity and tighten the vaginal canal; which can enhance orgasm and restore or improve the appearance of the vulva. This includes the labia minora, labia majora, the clitoral region and the vestibule of the vagina. When necessary and capable, a vaginoplasty may be combined with a #Labiaplasty. Or, if the outer labia or labia majora may also be excessively large, uneven, or may be too small, the size may be increased with fat injections.
Each procedure is customized to the physical findings as well as the desired goals of the patient. There is no one right solution for all patients, but there is a solution for every woman. The best procedure for you will be discussed in great length during your in-person, one-on-one consultation.

How to cure sexual air trapping after childbirth

Air trapping is a symptom of vaginal laxity or looseness. It is cured by vaginoplasty. This is a surgical tightening of the inner and outer vaginal muscles. However, you need to be checked for damage to the pelvic supports of the vagina as well. If these are damaged from childbirth, a very frequent occurence, you will need pelvic reconstructive surgery at the same time or your vaginoplasty will fail.

Painful intercourse and Air trapping

The "air trapping" you describe is not uncommon after vaginal delivery, since the vaginal canal has been stretched by the baby. It is correctible with a vaginoplasty. The painful intercourse probably has a different cause and you would have to have a good examination to see if that could be diagnosed. Usually a vaginoplasty will make the vaginal walls and muscles tighter, but does not adress painful intercourse.

Johan E. Brahme, MD

Vaginal Rejuvination

Your story is very common amongst women whom following vaginal delivery do not have the same sexual experience.  Although the vaginal canal is indeed made as a birthing canal too, it unfortunately does not always recoil back to normal following delivery of a baby's head.  Fortunately, vaginal tightening (vaginoplasty) can restore the integrity of the vaginal canal back normal/original form and function.  Whether this is done by incisional or "laser" methods does not make a difference as long as the surgeon is sure to physically tighten the vaginal lining muscle and supportive surrounding muscles with stitches - which frankly cannot be adequately done with laser alone.  Best of luck...   

Ryan Stanton, MD