Vaginal Rejuvenation? (photo)

My ex boyfriend had a huge penis. We had a lot of rough sex (lasted about 3 months). We rarely used lubrication, and sometimes it hurt. Could this happen appearance wise. What about after years of sex? I never felt like my vagina was ugly beforehand.Now, there is excess skin around the vaginal opening, it seems to be stretched and even pulled out. There is also excess skin leading down to the anal area. Seeing other females, regardless of labia size, opening is always the same, like a slit.

Vaginal Rejuvenation

The aging process, hormones, childbirth and intercourse can all have an effect on the appearance of the vulvovaginal area.

Based on the photo above, the labia minora appear normal and not enlarged, the labia majora are full and there is minimal skin excess close to the perineum.

The goal in most labiaplasty procedures is to "hide" the inner labia within full appearing outer labia when standing. I would predict that this is the case for you as well.

The idea that most women have a "slit-like" opening, as you suggest, is unfortunately incorrect. While you may have had some trauma to the area, there is nothing visible to suggest surgical intervention at this time.

I have had some interest in the ThermiVa procedure, which uses radiofrequency to heat the vaginal tissues and provide some tightening to the area. The technology is new, but it may be worth a try to see if this may help you.

Va

Vaginal Rejuvenation has become a hot topic over the past ten years or so as grooming habits have changed. With the majority of women shaving, waxing or doing some type of grooming they have become more aware of the appearance of their vaginal area.

The term vaginal rejuvenation is a broad term that can be used to encompass several procedures with the overall goal of improving the appearance of the vaginal area.

The most common method for rejuvenation is trimming the labia minora (inner lips) this will remove the excess skin that may hang below the vagina. This is what I would recommend in your particular situation.

I recommend the wedge resection, which will improve the overall shape of the inner labia. This will remove the excess skin that is visible in the picture you have posted. With this method it limits the visible incision and giving patients a very natural result.

I would recommend that you consult your board certified plastic surgeon so that you can be evaluated and discuss your options.

Labiaplasty - Labia minora enlargement causes

Labia minora enlargement may have to do with genetics and childbirth (hormones).  Trauma is a less likely cause of labia minora enlargement, but is possible. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Appearance changes of the vagina

It is certainly possible that the appearance of one's vagina can change in time and after certain activities.  That being said the appearance of your labia minora do appear to be within the range of normal.  Best of luck.

Vaginal Rejuvenation

The external appearance does not reveal anything specific with the introitus.  Internally, the vault can be tightened if loose.

Aging affects us everywhere

and genitals are no exception.  As said by others, your appearances are very well within what is normal.  In fact, if you came to my office, I really wouldn't have anything to offer to in terms of trimming any areas as I do not appreciate areas where I would make a difference.  If you find anyone critical of what you are, he doesn't deserve you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Vaginal/Labiaplasty rejuvenation

Your photos are within the range of normal and an exam would be required to see how much redundant labia skin you would like removed. See a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist with experience in this procedure.

Vaginal stretching and labiaplasty

Your labia minora appearance is within the normal range for females.  If you preferred to tighten the skin between the vaginal and anal region, it could be done under local anesthesia.

David Stoker, MD

Vaginal Rejuvenation

Hi Miyla,

It's actually hard to tell from this photo exactly what the extent of the problem is; you should, of course, be examined in person by a plastic surgeon to assess the physical aspects.  I'm not aware of the genesis of the problem such as you describe but I suppose that anything's possible.  Labiaplasty has proven to be a very successful resolution to a problem that is both physical and emotional, and that may work for you, too.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Vaginal Rejuvenation? (photo)

It's difficult to see what's going on from the photo.  Your issue is very specific, and should be addressed in personal consultation by a plastic surgeon and/or gynecologist with experience and expertise in evaluation and management of aesthetic vulvo-vaginal problems. 

Steve Laverson, MD