Vaginal Rejuvenation Whats Better Laser or Cutting and Stitches?

I am looking to have vaginal rejuvenation done, solely to regain tightness. I am satisfied with the look of my vagina, however the opening and inner parts of my vagina, I would like to be like when I first had sex. My question is what works better having this operation with a laser or by actual cutting and stitches, I have seen doctors doing both and I am wondering what gives the best result to be as tight as the first time I had sex?

Vaginal Rejuvenation Techniques

With the availability of recent technology, there are few nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation options available for our patients. CO2 fractionated lasers include the FemiLift, MonaLisa Touch and IntimaLase. The ThermiVa as radiofrequency energy that can also treat the outer Labia to reduce and tighten this area. It can increase blood flow, sensitivity , and orgasm. It can increase moisture and decreasestress urinary incontinence for many women.
PRP ( Platelet Rich Plasma ) can be added to these procedures which may make a difference in the outcome. It can be injected into the vaginal mucosa to increase circulation and vaginal health , O-shot.PRP can also be used for a ā€œGā€ Shot which is injected into the G-spot.
Costs for non-surgical laser vaginal rejuvenation are approximately 3000 - for 3 sessions.Twice yearly or yearly follow up treatments are recommended to maintain vaginal health.If PRP is being added there is an additional $1000-1200 per treatment session.
However, surgery is the most common treatment. Each procedure is customized to the physical findings as well as the desired goals of the patient. There is no one right solution for all patients, but there is a solution for every woman.
I perform a variety of treatments and surgeries to enhance, restore and rejuvenate the female genital region. This includes procedures to improve moisture, sensitivity and tighten the vaginal canal; which can enhance orgasm and restore or improve the appearance of the vulva. This includes the labia minora, labia majora, the clitoral region and the vestibule of the vagina. When necessary and capable, a vaginoplasty may be combined with a #Labiaplasty. Or, if the outer labia or labia majora may also be excessively large, uneven, or may be too small, the size may be increased with fat injections.

Vaginal rejuvenation surgery

At my practice I only offer surgical vaginal rejuvenation. While many offer laser treatments, I have found that surgical vaginal rejuvenation surgery provides my patients with the best results possible. Your next step should be to have an in-person consultation and examination with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in vaginal rejuvenation procedures. After examining you and listening to your goals for the procedure, the surgeon will be able to recommend which type of procedure is best for you. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

What is the best way to tighten a vagina?

At the present time, the vagina can be tightened in three ways:

1. Muscle Exercises: Kegel exercises. These can be supplemented by weights, biofeedback technologies, and the help of specially trained physical therapists. If the muscles are damaged, muscle exercises might not work very well.

2. Vaginal Rejuvenation, Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vaginoplasty: Surgical tightening of the vaginal muscles and removal of stretched out vaginal skin. This encompasses perineoplasty, colpoperineoplasty, colporrhaphy and other procedures that involve trimming and suturing. These operations require surgical dissection (precise incisions). These incisions are sometimes made with stainless steel scalpels, electrosurgical scalpels, radiosurgical scalpels, or laser scalpels (laser vaginal rejuvenation). Vaginoplasty is the current gold standard for vaginal tightening.

3. Laser Vaginal Tightening (LVT): Nonsurgical tightening of the skin of the vaginal canal using lasers similar to those used for facial skin peels. These utilize a special probe that's inserted into the vagina. No anesthesia is needed. These procedures include the IntimaLase, the Femilift, and the MonaLisa Touch. Their appeal is convenience and cost - they're quick and easy. However, the results are only temporary because the real cause of the loose vagina is the loose muscles beneath the skin. Nonetheless, the prospect of no downtime has a strong appeal to women who don't want surgery and may be sufficient.

Vaginal Rejuvenation: Laser vs Surgical Tightening

Both are popular techniques but by far the most controversial and questionable procedure even among gynecologists  is laser tightening procedures. An internet search will alert you to this quickly. Excision and  tightening of the underlying muscle wall is the most direct and secure way to do this. Whether or not it will be "as tight as the first time you had sex" is a different matter and depends on many factors including emotionally how "turned on" you are, muscle tone, etc.