Vaginal Opening Weird Extra Skin? (photo)

I have something like a baby finger that is 2-3 cm tall and half cm diameter sticking out from my vaginal opening, I've had it for years after sexual intercourse, I am not sexually active for years now, it's light pink colored, recently I start to have a bad burning feeling down there, I'm using Daktarin cream for a couple of days with no change, but that extra skin feels swollen, usually I don't notice it, but now it is swollen and clearly sticking out, it is not a bulge skin, please help!

Vaginal opening Weird Extra Skin? Labiaplasty

A number of treatments are available for excess labial tissues including a treatment called labiaplasty. However, the photo is of poor quality. To get expert advice it would be best to submit a better photo. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Hymenal Remnant

What you are showing is a remnant of the hymen.  There are a wide variety of ways the hymen can look, and they are all normal.  If this bothers you it can be trimmed with a simple surgical procedure.

Extra Skin at Vaginal Opening

The photo demonstrates a remnant of your hymen. It is just a skin tag. It can be removed very easily under local anesthesia in the office. You can view all of the different types of hymens on the link below. Yours is called a septate hymen.

Aginal Opening Weird Extra Skin

Although not a very clear photograph, the only finger like projection I see is your clitoris.  If it is now causing you problems, I recommend paying a visit to your OB/Gyn...

Ryan Stanton, MD

Vaginal Opening Weird Extra Skin?

It is really hard to tell much from the picture.  It may be a swollen gland, but I would highly recommend that you go see your OB/GYN and get it looked at.

Rigo Mendoza, MD