Vaginal Opening Weird Extra Skin? (photo)

I have something like a baby finger that is 2-3 cm tall and half cm diameter sticking out from my vaginal opening, I've had it for years after sexual intercourse, I am not sexually active for years now, it's light pink colored, recently I start to have a bad burning feeling down there, I'm using Daktarin cream for a couple of days with no change, but that extra skin feels swollen, usually I don't notice it, but now it is swollen and clearly sticking out, it is not a bulge skin, please help!

Vaginal opening Weird Extra Skin? Labiaplasty

A number of treatments are available for excess labial tissues including a treatment called labiaplasty. However, the photo is of poor quality. To get expert advice it would be best to submit a better photo. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Weird Extra Skin at Vaginal Opening

From your photo, it appears that the protruding tissue may be a hymen remnant. This is common and normal. If it bothers you, it could be excised.For information of female genital plastic surgery, click on the link below.All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

That appears to be remnant of your hymenal ring

While it's difficult to be 100% sure from your photograph, what you're likely referring to is a small piece of hymenal ring. All women have the hymenal ring, so this is completely normal on exam. if there's a portion of the ring that is burning or hurting you, I would encourage you to talk to your doctor so that she/he can check for vaginal infections or other pathology.

Cheers,
Dr. Brady

Hymenal Remnant

What you are showing is a remnant of the hymen.  There are a wide variety of ways the hymen can look, and they are all normal.  If this bothers you it can be trimmed with a simple surgical procedure.

Aginal Opening Weird Extra Skin

Although not a very clear photograph, the only finger like projection I see is your clitoris.  If it is now causing you problems, I recommend paying a visit to your OB/Gyn...

Ryan Stanton, MD

Extra Skin at Vaginal Opening

The photo demonstrates a remnant of your hymen. It is just a skin tag. It can be removed very easily under local anesthesia in the office. You can view all of the different types of hymens on the link below. Yours is called a septate hymen.

Vaginal Opening Weird Extra Skin?

It is really hard to tell much from the picture.  It may be a swollen gland, but I would highly recommend that you go see your OB/GYN and get it looked at.

Rigo Mendoza, MD