Its been 41/2 mths since my surgery: How long should i wait till i can sleep without a bra (sportsbra)?

Good afternoon,

I advise my BA patients to wear a bra to sleep for four to five months post procedure so it sounds like you are in the perfect time to start trying to sleep without one. If you feel like you need a little extra support, feel free to put it back on and try again another night.

go ahead remove it..................................................................................

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping without a bra post BBA surgery.

Good question! After Four and a half months you should be able to sleep without a bra. If you feel like you need support, by all means, keep wearing your bra. It is normal to feel uncomfortable at first, so try sleeping with a tank top to ease out of waring the bra. Regards,

Breast augmentation recovery

After 4 1/2 months after surgery you should be able to sleep without a bra.  If you feel your breasts still need some sort of support you may try a cami with a built in shelf bra for light support.

Camille Cash, MD

Sleeping with a bra

At this point, sleeping with a bra at night is purely based on your comfort. If you feel more comfortable without a bra it is alright to do so. I would contact your surgeon though to be sure they don't have a specific protocol for how long they want you to wear one after surgery. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

How Long Do I Need to Wear a Bra to Sleep After Breast Augmentation #breastaugmentation

• I advise my breast augmentation patients to wear a bra day and night for about one month for comfort and support.   
  • Certainly, at 4 1/2 months you no longer need to wear a bra to sleep.

How long should one wear a bra at night after breast augmentation?

In my opinion a postsurgical bra is for comfort. Patients are not required to wear one of these at night as soon as they are comfortable doing so. Check with your own surgeon for his directions.

Sleeping without a bra.

At this stage, sleeping without a bra is optional.  The more you wear support, the less droopy you may get with time and vice a versa.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon